Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Alexanderthefake » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 am

Alexanderthefake

Subject title: Tattoo logo work, please critique. :)>

Hello, this is logo im working on. I am not sure if I want to do tattoos since its so cliquey and it doesnt take talent, but I love a lot of mediums. Maybe it will work. Take care geniuses, best wishes.
pussy cat ink logo (rough 2).jpg

Postby Alexanderthefake » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:19 am

Alexanderthefake

Heres my zbeush work. Ive only used it for 3 months, frustrating but powerful. Love zbrush.
pussycat ink zbrush (side).jpg
pussycat ink zbrush (back).jpg

Postby alnoth » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:18 pm

alnoth

as far as logos go - its far too much what you put down.

look at nike logo. think Simple. simplicity is the key with logo - thats the hard part of any logo design - use as little as possible to convey as much as possible.

btw, whats the company? who or what is Pussycatink?

Postby marvel57 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

marvel57

I Hope that's a Tail! :shock: it looks like weightlessnesss in space....Houston, we got a problem.......sorry 8-)
Last edited by marvel57 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Ambiguity

Alexanderthefake wrote: I am not sure if I want to do tattoos since its so cliquey and it doesnt take talent, but I love a lot of mediums.

lolwut? If you can't draw, you can't draw. The medium doesn't matter.

Anyways, are you saying to use the logo for an actual tattoo, or are wanting to use it as a logo for a tattoo shop? If the former, then I think it's way too busy(actually it's pretty busy for any application). Also, the cranium on the zbrush model is too long, and the neck is too thick imo.

Postby virtueone » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm

virtueone

Alnoth is right on. You also want to make sure the logo is legible at various sizes, for example, if that logo was printed on a stamp or something small, you'd lose most of the detail, so keep that in mind.

As for the tattoo comment... I suspect you're talking about "artists" who use overlays or just trace templates... BUT if you're doing custom tattoos, you'll still need a strong foundation in art... everything from color, to form, to shading, etc... and I would argue that it actually takes more talent than drawing with pen and paper or digitally... Who told you tattooing doesn't take talent? Lol. ;)

Postby BrandonB » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:29 pm

BrandonB

God I'll agree with mostly all comments so far, as far as the amount of detailing. Although it looks beautiful, It is a little too much pal. Maybe think to simplify it a little more. It helps to think shapes as opposed to a drawing. I did logo designing for a company once and trust me, they are strict about minimizing details. Most want something similar in design as the very famous logos, so try and study what they have done as far as the simplicity. I'm sorry I am not very good with logo's but I hope that is some advice that can help you! Beautiful drawing though, I love the letters also :D Maybe that drawing could be used as the window design or something, but certainly make a simplified version to pitch.

Return to Critique This!