This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby licol » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 am

licol

Subject title: Anyone who could be my mentor?

Hi, I'm new to this place! I've been watching Sycra videos all the time recently, and as much as I practice every single day, I think I am in need of a mentor.
Little backstory
I started taking drawing seriously (by seriously, I mean drawing passionately) when I was in 6th grade. But I never practiced all the time because of the fear of not attaining the consistency I want in drawing. That fear hurt me years after.
Jump back to the present, I am here now with a handful of good paintings (not great) that can be found here http://www.behance.net/cjtugade. But I still want to learn. I just want to learn and I want to get better. I'm an animation student right now but I know all too well not to be dependent only on the education I am getting in school. This is because I don't think the amount of time I have learning in a classroom setting is enough.

I am really struggling with perspective and proportion (the human body, to be more specific). I've started drawing everyday (average 3 hours) 2 weeks ago, and I never thought I could be able to use up 80++ papers back to back with drawing in that amount of time. If anyone is willing to help me, I would more than appreciate it. :D

Postby Darryl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 am

Darryl

I'm certainly not qualified really as a mentor, but being someone that is learning animation along with improving my drawing skills, perhaps we could be drawing buddies. Here's a link to my youtube channel http://youtu.be/-vnztlvd_Vs with my very short shorts I've recently done. I've been working on my gesture drawing recently, but haven't posted any of that yet.

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies