Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby SaikoNo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:02 pm

SaikoNo

Subject title: WB sketchbook (possibly NSFW)

i really think your painting skills are really high already soo this is something really good in your drawings itself sometimes something is still a bit wonky but your base is really solid! I am looking forward to see more in the future :)

Postby Wb_draws » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Wb_draws

Thanks for stopping by Saiko :) yeah, I unfortunately still have a lot of wonkiness in my stuff, especially faces. Hopefully I will get better in the future. I wouldnt say that my painting skills are very high, I really just started getting into that 4 months ago, so there is still a lot to learn. But I am glad that you like it :)

Some drawings from imagination:

And I finally started learning hands. For now I am just drawing from reference to build some visual library:

Postby Wb_draws » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Wb_draws

I took some sketches of faces I liked and tried painting them

Postby Wb_draws » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Wb_draws

Sketches from imagination

And some 1 hour studies

Postby Wb_draws » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Wb_draws

More of 1 hour studies

Schoolism assignment

And some sketches from imagination

Postby wannabe » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 pm

wannabe

Paintings are messy, but nicely catched.
moderately focused
Sketchbook
Deviantart
Would appreciate your views on what is not right with my work rather than what is right.
(The more honestly the better)

Postby Wb_draws » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Wb_draws

Yeah, unfortunately I am too slow of a painter to clean them up in one hour. Hopefully I will get better with time :)

I tried spending more time on my drawings from imagination to get them to look more appealing. I am quite happy with the result, I think this is my best page so far (as far as drawings go). I also tried adding some graphical shapes, which seem to be working nice. I am not sure whether it is more beneficial to spend larger amount of time on a single drawing or maybe I should just make several less polished ones in the same time? Any thoughts on that :?:

Postby Wb_draws » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Wb_draws

Playing with some character design I guess

Postby Wb_draws » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Wb_draws

Some black and white work from imagination

I also started doing these 20 minutes sketches from reference. I am not sure whether this will be beneficial in the end, but I hope that it will help improve some of my painting skills and force me to sketch with shapes rather than lines

Postby Wb_draws » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Wb_draws

Havent posted for a while, but I am still doing stuff :) Here is some schoolism assignment. The goal was to draw a character in balanced and unbalanced pose, thinking about hair and clothes. I tried not using reference for this one to test my skills.

Plus some poses from imagination

As this is the end of the year, I looked back at what I was drawing a year ago around this time:

There is a visible improvement for sure, although I was hoping to cover more stuff during this year. On the other hand I wasnt planning on getting into painting, so this probably took a large chunk of my time ;) Talking about painting, some more 20 min sketches

See you all next year :)

Postby Wb_draws » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Wb_draws

Well, beginning of 2019 didnt go as planned ;) It was supposed to start with a lot of new energy, but instead I got kind of unhappy with my drawings, and felt like they are just very boring. I still draw almost everyday, but the stuff just doesnt seem worth posting. I feel like my biggest issue is coming up with interesting concepts and ideas, so this is what I want to focus on now :)

I saw that my sketchbook went into the abyss of second page of the forum, so I figured I will post a current page of my work. Some witches and stuff

Postby cicakkia » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:11 am

cicakkia

Wb_draws wrote:Well, beginning of 2019 didnt go as planned ;) It was supposed to start with a lot of new energy, but instead I got kind of unhappy with my drawings, and felt like they are just very boring. I still draw almost everyday, but the stuff just doesnt seem worth posting. I feel like my biggest issue is coming up with interesting concepts and ideas, so this is what I want to focus on now :)

I saw that my sketchbook went into the abyss of second page of the forum, so I figured I will post a current page of my work. Some witches and stuff

well, sometimes I also feeling that way. Being draw bunch of stuff but just few I like :D

Postby Wb_draws » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Wb_draws

Yeah, I guess it is natural to get discouraged at some point

Some root monsters

And some usual stuff while waiting for a plane

Postby Wb_draws » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Wb_draws

Art dump from the last month

Postby fi_le » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:23 pm

fi_le

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, that's amazing progess! Leyendecker study is on fire, keep it going.
...you see, it's supposed to be fi_le like the file from the computer... the one where you put the data things in.

my sketchbook on here and my Instagram

Previous

Return to Sketchbook