Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sleepiestbun » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Sleepiestbun

Subject title: Tattoo design!

ive been working on this on and off for a while! im a little nervous about designing my own tattoo but i think it's looking p good, i'd love to get some feedback on things i could do to improve it tho
asderftrsmolaoutl nsg.png
my art blog! sleepyseaslug.tumblr.com

Postby fi_le » Tue May 15, 2018 6:42 am

fi_le

This is a really great tattoo, dude! I love how cute the presentation is and how it plays with cliches like the rose framing; good job on that :)

Well, I should say something to make it veen better and I do have a few things I might do differently... I think the biggest issue is how the roses are planted, it doesn't have a strong sense of design to it and doesn't flow very well. Maybe a bit of big-medium-small wouldn't hurt? I'd love it if you filled like a sketchbook page just with how can design three to four simplified roses below a larger circle, I bet it would help you with that!

A minor thing that's actually sort of a question is: Maybe put a darker value somewhere? I've got no idea how that looks on skin, but if this were a normal painting, I'd put a somewhat darker value into the vat so that the creature stands out more. Can you do that with a tatoo?

Hope it helped!
...you see, it's supposed to be fi_le like the file from the computer... the one where you put the data things in.

my sketchbook on here and my Instagram

Return to Critique This!