Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Engell79 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:57 am

Engell79

Subject title: Engell79 Sketchy stuff place [NSFW]

some more studying of the figure... and the search of plates for common use in frame work

Postby Peteman22 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:08 am

Peteman22

Hmm I wonder what he's looking at. ;)But seriously, good job on the anatomy of the last one. and on all the studies. Your an artist after my own tendencies, study, study,study.

One point of feedback I'd be able to give you on the completed fully colored pictures you've done, like the monster picture above, is to vary you line width a bit more. Usually big thick lines on the outside of an object, with thinner lines making the details makes something more appealing to look at. It's also good to use thicker lines where two forms overlap, to emphasize that one is in front of the other.

But good work and keep it up.
What are you doing? Stop browsing the forum and get drawing.

Just visit my sketchbook first:

http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37212 Come say hello!

Postby Engell79 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 am

Engell79

@petemann

Thank you :-) and yea, line economics is deffinatly on my to do list for studies... and focus.

Last edited by Engell79 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby geryes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 pm

geryes

Great millage! Your anatomy is coming along nicely and I like your construction lines as well. looking forward to seeing more.
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

Postby Engell79 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:35 am

Engell79

geryes wrote:Great millage! Your anatomy is coming along nicely and I like your construction lines as well. looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you Geryes, :-) i havent been thinking much about anatomy as such lately more construction, but i guess it may well help in all aspects.

Postby Engell79 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Engell79

back after a loooong break.( Due to life stuff)

first drawings after two months:

some commisions:
Spoiler: show

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 am

Ambiguity

Wow, you've been doing a lot of drawing :). You should do a long form illustration and keep a checklist of all the stuff you've been learning as you do it, see if it's all really stuck with you. Also might be worth it to take some reference and try to build it up using the exact same drawing process you would if you were drawing from your head. At any rate, it's nice to see you still drawing so much, looking forward to more.

Postby Engell79 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:05 am

Engell79

Ambiguity wrote:Wow, you've been doing a lot of drawing :). You should do a long form illustration and keep a checklist of all the stuff you've been learning as you do it, see if it's all really stuck with you. Also might be worth it to take some reference and try to build it up using the exact same drawing process you would if you were drawing from your head. At any rate, it's nice to see you still drawing so much, looking forward to more.

Thank u very much ambi!, could u explain what u mean by long form illustration?

heres my latest practice stuff

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Ambiguity

Engell79 wrote:could u explain what u mean by long form illustration?

I guess that was a weird way to word it. All I mean is just do an illustration that requires all of your skills to complete, instead of something "simple" like a single nude figure.

Postby Engell79 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Engell79

Ambiguity wrote:
Engell79 wrote:could u explain what u mean by long form illustration?

I guess that was a weird way to word it. All I mean is just do an illustration that requires all of your skills to complete, instead of something "simple" like a single nude figure.

Hey Ambi shown pic is for u :-)

A converstation with my self in pictures to enjoy sketching:
https://imgur.com/uOSzWkc Part 1
https://imgur.com/mIg9nkP Part 2
https://imgur.com/ZbPtQ6f Part 3

and for Ambi:

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Ambiguity

Lol, it could be, do you feel you've exhausted all of your knowledge on it, or could you take it further? If the former, are you happy with it, or do you see big gaps in your understanding of things you were practicing before?

Those questions will help you decide what you need to do next, e.g. work on this piece more, revisit topics you were already studying and trying to take in more information about it, or moving onto something new that will challenge you if everything else looks good to you.

Postby Engell79 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Engell79

2nd page.... the resolution kinda screw up the picture a bit. To make it fit forum....

Ambi... I’m never satisfied with my work it’s a constant.... and there’s a million things I need to study.
ATM still focus on form and perspective.

Previous

Return to Sketchbook