Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Ibyville » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:03 am

Ibyville

Subject title: Head diagrams

Last edited by Ibyville on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Audiazif » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Audiazif

What head diagrams are you looking at for reference?

To me there are inconsistencies across the views. For anything to be accurate and constant you need to use the same proportions across all three views, draw the major measurements across all views that way you are able to compare things across the different views. Also some lines seem arbitrary and don't quite line up with anything of use (e.g. the curved line on the cheek). The lines in diagrams are supposed to align with anatomical features and help you see the forms. I would try to look at life or photos of faces and skulls to see if your diagram actually works.

Ibysuke wrote:Please if I can not do it right, my teacher will be angry again :c

In my view if a teacher gets mad at a student they are a bad teacher. I mean they are the ones teaching, if a student is not doing things correctly it is on them not the student. Now there is acceptation to this, if the student is not applying themselves then I would understand the frustration but you seem to be trying so i don't see why they would get angry with you.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby Ibyville » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Ibyville

Last edited by Ibyville on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ibyville » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Ibyville

This is how the diagram works on real heads.

Postby Audiazif » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Audiazif

What I meant by using the diagrams on real heads was to find out why you put lines in certain places. The trace overs only reinforce my concerns that you are not quite sure where the line correspond to the anatomy. For example that line that I am guessing is for the cheek. It is too low to be of any use, the plane of the cheek is much higher.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Return to Critique This!