Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sarathi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Sarathi

Subject title: 25 minutes / Figure drawing

comments and critiques are welcome..
tmp-cam-513129959.jpg
Figure study / 25 minutes sketch

Postby Audiazif » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Audiazif

I think it is a nice 25 min study but I think I see a few issues. One would be proportions. I think the arms might be a little long, there might be other things but I can't know for sure without the ref. Another issue I think would be the sense of weight, I feel like how the figure is standing is a little off but again I would need the ref to see for sure that that is the case. Lastly, I get a sense that you may have not thought enough about the form underneath the clothing. The reason I say this is it seems flat in some areas and it feels like you cut off some of what is under the clothing(an example would be the outstretched leg (his left), the thigh and the foot look like they do not line up like they should). Overall it is still good for the amount of time spent on it.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby Sarathi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Sarathi

Thank u so much. I'll concentrate on proportion.. in 25 minutes i couldn't think much about the form. ill speedup my thinking too. next time I'll post with reference. once again thank u so much.

Return to Critique This!