Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Waveloop » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:18 am

Waveloop

Subject title: armor design

so I want ya'll to say what you think about the designs on these guys armors ... give your thoughts people... if you're willing

10.jpg
12.jpg
Last edited by Waveloop on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Rorschach94 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:48 am

Rorschach94

Um well...freaking awesome is the first thing that comes to mind. And while I am not good enough a artist myself to critique anything, I just thought I'd throw this idea out there that I think is pretty cool. What if, those little shards floating around there armour (I'm assuming that's what they are sorry if I'm wrong) are the pieces that make up their helmets. Idk just a thought. Other than that I'll just say again that they are awesome and I can't wait to see more. :D

Postby fideliz25 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 am

fideliz25

wow these are really good inspired by Crysis? love the comic art style too :) as for the armor id prefer the blue one than the orange one
the orange one:
armor looks cool but i think movement will be restricted by those light bulb enhancements in the abdomen area
its like i wont be able to make curl ups so much if wear this :) consider movement and reliability when designing armors
blue one is perfect looks similar to the suits in Crysis :D but maybe add some bit of design to the mask? for me it feels a bit blank but looks cool too,gives a mysterious look to it :D

Postby Waveloop » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 am

Waveloop

Rorschach94 wrote:What if, those little shards floating around there armour (I'm assuming that's what they are sorry if I'm wrong) are the pieces that make up their helmets. Idk just a thought. Other than that I'll just say again that they are awesome and I can't wait to see more. :D

dude that is exacly the point... :D

I think you can call it kinetic armor... it shifts around according to the users will... I won't reveal more... all in due time :lol:

I could make it more obvious though.. it's really cool you said that, cuz it's not far fetch aI thought it would be

nice :D

here I point it out better

Spoiler: show
15.jpg

and thanks! glad you like it :D

Postby Spacecookie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:48 am

Spacecookie

Well at least they'll win groin thrust of the year competition. lol

Their centre of balance seems to be a little bit forward, especially the one on the right. And why is their hair left sticking out when all the rest, even their eyes is completely covered and safe, apart from the second suits that is? Just think, just under that layer of fluffiness is the brain.. and I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want a bullet or five to be aimed high if that were the standard issue suit. Maybe include some small forcefields, with power pack perhaps?

Postby Waveloop » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 am

Waveloop

Spacecookie wrote:Well at least they'll win groin thrust of the year competition. lol

Their centre of balance seems to be a little bit forward, especially the one on the right. And why is their hair left sticking out when all the rest, even their eyes is completely covered and safe, apart from the second suits that is? Just think, just under that layer of fluffiness is the brain.. and I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want a bullet or five to be aimed high if that were the standard issue suit. Maybe include some small forcefields, with power pack perhaps?

Well I really didn't want to flood this post describing the armors perks... cuz I had to explain a lot of things. I do have a full armor version... with full helmets, That being the full hardcore warfare mode if you will :lol: ... but for character concept purposes I left the hair loose showing... I just wanted a opinion on the design aesthetics... and the light colors too. ut those are awesome pointers anyway.

Let's put it like this, they do generate forcefields, but it's not the suit itself, the suit is like a conductor (weapon), and a protection at the same time. And it is kinda of... telekinetic operated, meaning changes shape according to what the user wants... In time I will post everything there is to them... right now I'm still in the fun part ... just the looks :D

Postby Waveloop » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 am

Waveloop

fideliz25 wrote:armor looks cool but i think movement will be restricted by those light bulb enhancements in the abdomen area

that is a really good observation on the lamp plaques... agree.

Crisis... no not really... but yeah now that you mention that, I took a look and I see what you mean. But no, Crisis didn't even cross my mind when I was doing them.

And about that mask... I really like the simple lines on that one. I got a lot of different mask designs though...

Thanks

Return to Critique This!