Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby snisetski » Sun May 07, 2017 4:55 pm

snisetski

Subject title: TRADITIONAL ART THINGY, LOOK HERE!

I've been drawing digitally but without a stylus (with my finger instead) but that really hurt my finger because of the friction so I decided to do traditional art (digital touch-ups since it was messy with stray pencil marks). Can you please point out the flaws in the anatomy and structure?
IMG_1232.JPG

Postby Audiazif » Sun May 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Audiazif

The neck of the figure in the front is very long. Also the shoulder width of both characters is very wide and their hands are kind of small. Another thing I noticed is that it looks like you are not "drawing through" or visualizing what is blocked or not seen. I am talking about the figure in the back. Their arm may not line up or be correct(the angles don't make sense). And if you draw a center line for their face and body it doesn't seem to be correct. There is too much of the right side(the figure's left). One last thing is it looks like they are occupying the same space like they are clipping into each other.

I would work on a way to construct the figure completely in simply pieces before you add detail and other things. This way you can get a sense of the proportions without much time invested in it and it is easier to make corrections. Another thing I would recommend is really pay attention the the center line. The center line will show the orientation of the form and help keep things symmetric.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby snisetski » Mon May 08, 2017 9:29 am

snisetski

Audiazif wrote:The neck of the figure in the front is very long. Also the shoulder width of both characters is very wide and their hands are kind of small. Another thing I noticed is that it looks like you are not "drawing through" or visualizing what is blocked or not seen. I am talking about the figure in the back. Their arm may not line up or be correct(the angles don't make sense). And if you draw a center line for their face and body it doesn't seem to be correct. There is too much of the right side(the figure's left). One last thing is it looks like they are occupying the same space like they are clipping into each other.

I would work on a way to construct the figure completely in simply pieces before you add detail and other things. This way you can get a sense of the proportions without much time invested in it and it is easier to make corrections. Another thing I would recommend is really pay attention the the center line. The center line will show the orientation of the form and help keep things symmetric.

Ahhh I see! Thank you very much~

Return to Critique This!