Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby ActualDragonTears » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:40 am

ActualDragonTears

Subject title: Want to improve!

I've been drawing for about 3 years, so I imagine there's a lot to work on. Here are a few doodles I did earlier ( about 5 minutes )

Please don't feel as if you have to step around anything! I'm here for critique so be as harsh as needed. Also, quick question, I feel as if I'll use this topic a lot, is that bad? Should I try not to? Thankyou!
IMG_8689.JPG

Postby Oli » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 am

Oli

Hey mate,

I don't think that the number of questions/posts is the problem, but more the quality. It is just impossible to really critique "doodles" in a useful way, since they are just, well, doodles. I could tell you that the linework is not the best and you could work on lineweight and stuff. But then, maybe you just did not pay any attention to it and you can do kickass linework.

For your next post, you could provide something with a bit more intention to it, studies or semi-finished pieces. There you will get tons of useful feedback and helpful tips and tricks ;)

Until then, happy painting 8-)
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby ActualDragonTears » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:00 pm

ActualDragonTears

Oli wrote:Hey mate,

I don't think that the number of questions/posts is the problem, but more the quality. It is just impossible to really critique "doodles" in a useful way, since they are just, well, doodles. I could tell you that the linework is not the best and you could work on lineweight and stuff. But then, maybe you just did not pay any attention to it and you can do kickass linework.

For your next post, you could provide something with a bit more intention to it, studies or semi-finished pieces. There you will get tons of useful feedback and helpful tips and tricks ;)

Until then, happy painting 8-)

Ah you're right! I knew there was a problem with posting doodles but I couldn't think of it. I suppose I should delete this post? >>

Postby Oli » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Oli

you can always open up your own sketchbook (if you have not already anyway) where you can post everything. People will comment on your progress there, since it is easier to follow. And you'll get some awesome feedback on WIPs and studies.

To make a long story short, all I wanted to say in the beginning was not to be too surprised if there is no feedback here.
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby ActualDragonTears » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm

ActualDragonTears

Oli wrote:you can always open up your own sketchbook (if you have not already anyway) where you can post everything. People will comment on your progress there, since it is easier to follow. And you'll get some awesome feedback on WIPs and studies.

To make a long story short, all I wanted to say in the beginning was not to be too surprised if there is no feedback here.

Thanks dude, this was really helpful. I'll check it out.

Return to Critique This!