Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby segujo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:08 pm

segujo

Subject title: just another dragon

this is work in progress....
i'm aware that the wings are unfinished and the line work isn't fully outpainted.

next step is texture/scales on the dragon and that's really intmidating me..
also somekind of background/Environment... I'm thinking a burned forrest with mainly black and White Ashes and smoke and some red orange glowes/flames..

What do you say?
Of the things I haven't done and what you Think I've done wrong so far...

Thanks in advance!! :)
wip5b.jpg

Postby alnoth » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:28 pm

alnoth

i really dont know what to think of the cloak opening. perhaps its not finished and all, it just seems weird to me - why is it there? apart from, you know, to show the boobs...

Postby segujo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm

segujo

Hehe... well... there is actually a 'deeper thought' than just showing bare female skinn...
I want to imply that the woman is using her Beauty/Sexuality to help her master the dragon... maybe I need to redo the cloak opening a little. It's probably better to make it less obvious booby...

thanks for the input!

Postby Total100 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

I cant put my finger on it.... her coloring method is different from the dragons, it looks like two different images pasted together idk.
I think the dragon is more messy and you can see the strokes, on her she looks crisp and clean, idk how to explain it. i hope your understand what i mean. very nice job though!
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Return to Critique This!