This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby azarga » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 am

azarga

Subject title: Would you rather be known as your "real name" or an "alias"?

alias
Please check my stuff here:
My dA, it is pretty bad.

Postby Valkhira » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:14 am

Valkhira

I feel almost completely disconnected from my real name (only my father uses it, and he doesn't do it much) and everyone calls me Alice anyway, so alias. I mean, my alias IS a name (Alice Lackless), so I don't think it would be very troublesome.
My tradition is the art of superstition.
Follow the white rabbit: Alice's Sketchbook

Postby Kyoobies » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:28 am

Kyoobies

I think that once you get to a certain professional level, a real name gives a better and more, well, professional image. But I prefer an alias for the sake of self marketing (though it definitely depends on the type of art you do). Random internet people will care about you and your stuff to varying degrees, so an alias helps the people that care less attach a sort of character to the work being made. It's easier to remember the person that way, and they're more likely to come back/build an attachment to the artist as well as the art. Though that depends on your name, and your alias as well.

Plus personally, I'm rather proud of the alias I came up with. :3 But if people would rather refer to me with my real name, to be more personal, that's fine with me too. I guess I'm indifferent. :P
"Balsamic Vinegar" - Tsukasa Hiiragi

- - My [NSFW] Sketchbook! :D - - 21/m - -

Previous

Return to Lounge