Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby GauntletsTheArtist » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:31 am

GauntletsTheArtist

Subject title: A pencil sketch (uploaded 2 DA)

http://gauntletstheartist.deviantart.com/#/d4nc2f4

Well I ain't gonna buy a premium membership there yet, so I might as well ask 4 a critique here.

Postby MrNickBarker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:36 am

MrNickBarker

I know it was done with a pencil, but it would look much nicer if the values weren't stuck in such a small range.

Also I don't know what's going on with the feet, are they supposed to be "kangaroo" style or just really long? Either way the right foot is too long. Some shadows below would indicate the type of leg nicely. If they are "kangaroo" style then they should be moved back to maintain the proper center of gravity so your character doesn't fall over ;)

The tail could use a more dynamic pose and the hands/paws could be somewhat larger.

Postby MrNickBarker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

MrNickBarker

Here's a quick stance I think would suit a feline/man hybrid, if he were... well just standing there ;)
Pose.png

Postby dshylton » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 am

dshylton

His stance needs adjusting. it looks like his legs aren't holding his weight. Like he should be toppling over backwards. You should set the section of his feet that is touching the ground more under his body.

Return to Critique This!