Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Leluach » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Leluach

Subject title: Could you critique my work?

[url]Image[/url]
[url]Image[/url]

Dont be shy, i am going to improve like hell for rest of my life so i would like to have advances to improve.
That below picture is my firsth page ever done with 3. steps.

Btw. How i send pictures that they are immidiently visible in my posts?
Last edited by Leluach on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby alnoth » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 pm

alnoth

just attach them. below the text window theres a tab that says "upload attachment". you can upload any image from your computer within 1000x1000 pixels i believe.

Postby Zjacklee » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 am

Zjacklee

Hey dude,

welcome to the forum. I see you have a rather personal style already with your drawings.
The first one, I don't have a specific thing to point out as wrong... just that your character seems to be tilted to the left. He doesn't have a steady pose.
the rest is all covered in drapes so it's hard for me to pinpoint body mistakes if there is any. And seeing that your character is more of a cartoon too... there isn't much to be said.

Your line work can be refined. it's pretty rough and sketchy. I would sketch out with pencil, a light one and then make the inking with a pen or fineliner. you can have steadier strokes and a cleaner work if you already know what needs to be drawn.

To your story... I like the idea. I know what you want to say with this little story and I partly agree.
as critique, I find the use of your panels a bit messy though and I would use some more interesting angles. Also, introducing the area of the story is also a good beginning. to make your audience familiarize with the environment. There is some of that missing.

Anyways, keep on making art! and looking forward yo your improvement.
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby Total100 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 am

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

wow i REALLY like the design. but i have a problem with the eyes. they look really wrong... it might be a style though
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 am

Ambiguity

alnoth wrote:just attach them. below the text window theres a tab that says "upload attachment". you can upload any image from your computer within 1000x1000 pixels i believe.

I edited his post and didn't even notice the question lol.

@Leluach
Highlight the URL of the image and press the "Img" button at the top of the post.

Postby Leluach » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Leluach

Thank you for criticing my work. Yes indeed my eyes can look weird. I havent really found style with eyes. I sketched that firsth picture like going crazy and doing with joke, but then i watched: hey this could work and that what happened. I sketched last night many womans pose using refences so i think those pictures arent important to be here? there are many sketches done fast in 3000 4800 pixel window. But yeshh i post other my pictures when i get done them.

Postby alnoth » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm

alnoth

you can put unfinished pieces and sketches in the Sketchbook section - its understood its just doodles there, but if you still want to share it, go ahead.

Return to Critique This!