Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Wazzup1721 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:25 am

Wazzup1721

Subject title: Perspective Help

I'm pretty good at perspective as far as a "looking down on" the image. But looking up at? That's a whole nother story! Please point out any major weirdness you see <3 thank you!

Postby Kricket » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 am

Kricket

Hard to tell cuz I don't know how tall she's supposed to be or her age or how far in front she is, but depending on how far out in front of she is she barely comes up to his knees.

A quick and easy way to check with something like this is to extend the image down, add in your horizon line and quickly sketch out their entire body.
horizon.jpg

Postby Wazzup1721 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:05 am

Wazzup1721

Kricket wrote:Hard to tell cuz I don't know how tall she's supposed to be or her age or how far in front she is, but depending on how far out in front of she is she barely comes up to his knees.

A quick and easy way to check with something like this is to extend the image down, add in your horizon line and quickly sketch out their entire body.

Oh my, that does look rather wonky... perhaps they are walking down some stairs then! lol xD
But I was imagining her quite a bit further in front of him...
Hmmm, perhaps I'll mess around with it a bit more
Thank you!

Postby Kingw777 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:53 am

Kingw777

wazz... knock it the hell off. it's annoying how good your work looks.lol

Postby Wazzup1721 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Wazzup1721

Kingw777 wrote:wazz... knock it the hell off. it's annoying how good your work looks.lol

Lol! Oh my, I'm sorry xD
I just feel like I still have so much to improve on. I love drawing but it's such a struggle for me and the end product never looks how I have imagined it in my head.
But thank you, I'm so glad you think my work is good C:

Return to Critique This!