This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby Vixie » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Vixie

Subject title: Looking for a buddy

Hello there, nice people of the forums! I´m looking for a study buddy, somebody who´s trying to improve and study a lot, but struggle to find the will to actually sit and study. I´d like to come up with some kind of schedule, so it´s not only random jumping from topic to topic, so we could meet on skype or somewhere else, and chat about how´s it going, what we learned and help each other out in general. I´m online pretty much every day in the afternoon hours (because I have no life and sit behind my PC all day :roll: ) so it would be great if we were online at the same time (I´m from the central europe, just FYI :D ).

You can check my work in my sketchbook, so you know if we are in the same boat. Right now I´m working on head/face and then probably hands, but I can adjust this. And after that I would like to hop on some more general topics as perspective (mainly 2-, 3- and more points :D), contruction of things in general, some lighting and basic colour theory, landscapes... pretty much everything one needs to draw stuff :D Also it would be cool to have somebody to do some collaborations with...maybe? =)

Style I´m interested in is kind of semi-realistic you could say, for rough idea check out Adara Sánchez Anguiano, Chiara Bautista, Bastien Lecouffe Deharme, Egon Schiele...

Thank you for reading this and if you are interested, let me know =) I´m going to create skype account ASAP :D

Oh, and have a lovely day/evening/night! :)
Hello. How are you? Have a nice Day. I'm socially awkward, sorry.
Sketchbook / Tumblr / deviantArt / Skype - if you'd like to chat: vixie.illustration

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:38 pm

ErnieTheMighty

I'm super interested! But my skype constantly crashes(my computer has constant I/O errors which also apply to Photoshop sometimes), so I use IRC most of the time...

If you'd like to chat through IRC and have an annoying study buddy, send me a PM. :D

Postby Vixie » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Vixie

OMG, the mighty himself! I have to find out how this IRC thing works and I will inform you when I get there, so we can figure things out! :D
Sketchbook / Tumblr / deviantArt / Skype - if you'd like to chat: vixie.illustration

Postby PitE » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:10 am

PitE

Hey, Vixie! I'd like to join if it's fine with you guys. I'll probably not have a decent schedule cuz I suck at scheduling. But who knows.

Postby Vixie » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Vixie

hey there PitE, mate, I´m looking for someone who would motivate me to show up regularly, because I have a hard time sticking to schedule myself. We´re trying to set something up with Ernie and we´ll see how´s that going. I will let you know if it will work for more people =)

Postby PitE » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 am

PitE

Vixie wrote:hey there PitE, mate, I´m looking for someone who would motivate me to show up regularly, because I have a hard time sticking to schedule myself. We´re trying to set something up with Ernie and we´ll see how´s that going. I will let you know if it will work for more people =)

yey :>

Postby Vixie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:02 am

Vixie

Buuut if you´d like to chat about art and studying and stuff, we could connect somehow? Do you have skype? :)

Postby Letalent » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Letalent

Hey I would like to be a study buddy! Would really enjoy someone to study with!
Domenico Polo

Postby PitE » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:23 am

PitE

I try to keep my skype account private but I can do a google hangout if you're able to do that. We can even have multiple screens being shared :)

Postby Vixie » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 am

Vixie

Um, I´m working mostly in traditional right now, so seeing my screen would be pretty useless for you :D but I´ll hopefully have new PC in a month or two and I want to do more digital stuff then, so I can contact you for some hangouts later :D

@Letalent - I´m not sure if I have enough time for more study buddies, but we can chat somewhere now and then :D

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies