Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:51 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Subject title: A beginners sketchbook.

Moar ^^
Poses minuto 24.9 2 min.jpg
Some poses with 2 minutes

Poses minuto 24.9 5 min.jpg
Those were 5 minutes

Robot and plane.jpg
Just a random plane badly drawn '-'

GPortrait3.jpg
My take on Jaime Lannister from the book ;p
Here most of my arts pepz ^^
revadahk.artstation.com
See you space cowboy '-'/

Postby Exilious » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Exilious

Tons of improvement here! I'm very impressed. :D And yes, you need to study perspective. I started doing it, and then I had to put it on hold. One point is easy, but once you get to to two and three point, it gets tough. I had to stop at two point. Two point perspective plus school equals brain imploding. XD I'll have to come back to it some other time (very soon). Your figures are improving quite a lot. Make sure you keep up those gestures. They are the foundation of a figure.

When you're doing a gesture, try to avoid sketching the lines. Things get messy and the pose loses its flow. The main cause of this is normally drawing using the tripod grip. I suggest switching to the overhand method (I've done so since yesterday and it works wonders for gestures). Overhand is for long and short, sweeping lines, while the tripod is for shorter lines and fine details. Alternate between the two. You can find out more about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMC0Cx3Uk84

I hope this all helps. Keep up the awesome work bud! ^~^
Hey there! My name is Jeoffrey Robinson, but you can call me Jeff, or anything you feel comfortable with. I have been drawing for nearly a year now, and am just getting back from a long hiatus. I am eager to start improving again and finally get good with art!

My journey through art~[/b]

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:42 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Yeah i have a problem with lines, i am literally drawing circles and straight lines on pages haha i am using the tip from sycra to use the shoulder and arm, its kinda awkward and strange, but i'll keep doing and i am already doing better straight lines :D i am heavily putting efforts in poses, i love to draw them x.x i did my first month and a half of experience a year ago so i came back kinda rusty, i can't draw nothing that looks like a face '-' not that i was good a year ago but you at least would understand that it was a face hahaha I am looking at perspective and i have a difficult time to do cubes i don't even wanna imagine whats come ahead x.x thanks for the tips, i'll watch the video o/
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:26 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

More studies and drawings ;p
Some skellys arms :D
Skelly arms 26.9.jpg

Random drawing
Randon 26.9 001.jpg
Bad lines, bad lines everywhere D:

Aaaand perspective... :D
Perspectiva 1 25.9 001.jpg

Perspectiva 2 25.9 001.jpg

Perspectiva 3 25.9 001.jpg

Also started to paint, but i take ten hours just to do a little part '-' so it will take a while to post reaaally finish drawings with colors and everything ;p
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby Markus Creation » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Markus Creation

oh my, i will soon have to do perspective, too. Nice cyclops btw.

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:00 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

thanks ^^ perspective its a bitch x.x but it's doable ;p just need to ignore the smoke coming out of you brain and keep doing it :D
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby DancewithSHINee » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:15 am

DancewithSHINee

You're making pretty good progress, but I suggest studying a specific thing because your studies seem a bit random right now which may be slowing your progress from focusing on too much. Like, a few artists around here are doing gestures, some people study faces until they're at a good point, so maybe choose an aspect of the body you'd like to get better at specifically and go for it!
"I'm Number 2, looking for a girlfriend who can make bombs and good food."
14 y/o
Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17060
Tumblr: http://dancewithshinee.tumblr.com/

Postby Moe » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:13 am

Moe

I agree with the previous SHINee( if that's your name hehe). Btw, is that tyrion lannister in your profile pic?

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:39 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

For now i'm studying perspective/shapes and anatomy ;p i draw at least 6 hours a day, sometimes more; so in the morning i do perspective, afternoon i do anatomy and figure drawing then i go do other stuff, then at night i draw what i feel like untill i go to sleep ;p so i'm trying to take the things that i think its the most important for me now x.x i should do just anatomy or perspective? i would probably improve faster but still, i have difficult time letting anatomy go x.x i love so much drawing bodies '-' but thanks for pointing that out, i'll probably try to focus more in perspective, even if i just add more 30 minutes or 1 hour for the practice, and also some of those drawings are from last year, i drew for about one month and came back just now, i was doing alot of faces and bodies, but now i forgot how to do faces and didn't touch it since i restarted.

And yes Moe, its Tyrion motherf*ing Lannister ^^
https://www.google.com.br/search?q=game+of+thrones+characters+90s+style&rlz=1C1GIWA_enBR584BR584&es_sm=93&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIxIm2o-OeyAIVRtOACh1_HwjY
Here the pictures of the cast with the style of my picture in case you're interested.
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:10 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Here its me trying to use what i learn in books of perspective ^^
perspective.jpg
ignore the "cat" '-'

bathroom.jpg

house.jpg

Now, these next drawings its me trying to make lines and figures more fluid without caring about details, anatomy or anything else, its horrible '-' worst than i'm already was, but i'm trying everyday and have loads of pages, i don't think i getting alot better but i wont stop trying, so ANY help, tip or critique about them would help ALOT.

blarg.jpg

figure drawing 28.9.jpg

forth last.jpg

third last.jpg

second last.jpg

last.jpg
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby Steeliebob » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Steeliebob

Hey, I see you keep putting in a lot of hard work. :)

AlwaysAbeginner wrote:Here its me trying to use what i learn in books of perspective ^^
i don't think i getting alot better but i wont stop trying, so ANY help, tip or critique about them would help ALOT.

These 2 video's might help (they helped me):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvjB0rj6yAc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_TO7ELxemE
Last edited by Steeliebob on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DancewithSHINee » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:35 pm

DancewithSHINee

AlwaysAbeginner wrote:For now i'm studying perspective/shapes and anatomy ;p i draw at least 6 hours a day, sometimes more; so in the morning i do perspective, afternoon i do anatomy and figure drawing then i go do other stuff, then at night i draw what i feel like untill i go to sleep ;p so i'm trying to take the things that i think its the most important for me now x.x i should do just anatomy or perspective?

I also used to draw that often c: I personally chose to focus on anatomy because I was lacking so much, and maybe I'm learning backwards but for me perspective will come later. Now I'm trying to tackle gesture and I'm working a little on faces. To each his own :)
"I'm Number 2, looking for a girlfriend who can make bombs and good food."
14 y/o
Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17060
Tumblr: http://dancewithshinee.tumblr.com/

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:55 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Steeliebob wrote:Hey, I see you keep putting in a lot of hard work. :)

yeah ;p trying my best to go foward ^^ and thanks i'll see the videos

DancewithSHINee wrote:I also used to draw that often c: I personally chose to focus on anatomy because I was lacking so much, and maybe I'm learning backwards but for me perspective will come later. Now I'm trying to tackle gesture and I'm working a little on faces. To each his own :)

I think of all the areas bodies its what i draw best since i draw them so much, but perspective in the other side i didn't know (still don't know much) nothing, so its a topic that i'm interested mainly because the unknown, and also alot of people gave me the advice to learn shapes and perspective before going to value and paiting, and i think thats my goal for now, get knowledge enough so i can go to paiting. Here its me trying to make steel/metal on photoshop
Robot and plane (2).jpg

i didn't watch any tutorial and never try to paint something more "serious" and even if its bad it was very fun to do it and i was kinda happy with the result althought suck x.x
i'll keep that drawing saved and one day i'll finish doing it alot better u-u
but for now its mainly perspective for me o/
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby Moe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 am

Moe

Now, these next drawings its me trying to make lines and figures more fluid without caring about details, anatomy or anything else, its horrible '-' worst than i'm already was, but i'm trying everyday and have loads of pages, i don't think i getting alot better but i wont stop trying, so ANY help, tip or critique about them would help ALOT.

Gesture drawing tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59yFZ7Y
Watch Proko's channel, he has a lot of videos covering gesture. Just scroll down to the first ones.
Also, copying other artists who have strong gesture like Michael Hampton, matessi, glen keane, etc would help a lot. Good luck

On a side note, what do you think of cersei's walk of shame?

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:14 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Yeah i watched some o proko's videos, most of what i'm trying with my gestures are what he did in some of them but i still have a difficult time ;p i guess that i just need practice, thanks for the tips and the artist, i'm always looking for new ones to get inspired and see their works ^^, any critique and tips are very welcome :D

Aaaand Cersei deserve it e.e you know she did alot of things wrongs but you can "kinda" understand, she was a shadow of her father and brother and even doing everything in her power she would never really get anything just because she was a woman, thats tough, but you can say that Hittler was a sweet guy and that he liked to paint, and did it because his country was f*cked up and a million reason for why he did so yeah .-. the most painful thing she could get was to hurt her pride and that was what happened and it was well done u-u also most of my know knowledge its from the books, just saw some of the scenes in the internet to compare, you should read it if you never did, for me its better than the series but it's still nice that we can have both medias. (i thought that the woman saying "Shame... shame... shame..." was hilarious for some reason x.x makes me remember "what we do in the shadows" >_< maybe i'm a bad person)
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:37 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Here some exercises from the construction class in the arena, the post seems dead there so i'll post here and wait for some critique ;p i'm bad at drawing shapes and it was a good exercise, so here ya go
Shapes pics 27.9.jpg

shape pics2 28.9.jpg

assignment day1.3.jpg

please critique the shapes, would help alot for the next assigment in the arena ;p I intend to do them all ^^
Last edited by AlwaysAbeginner on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby Markus Creation » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Markus Creation

Are you allowed to only make one square-ish box per picture? I would intuitively use some zylinders or other shapes as well.

AlwaysAbeginner wrote:next assigment in the arena ;p i pretend to do them all ^^

You PRETEND to do exercises? :D Thats funny :P

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:28 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Hey! don't laugh at my english u-u
Spoiler: show
*go to google translator to discover what pretend means*

i'll correct, you are just allowed to make one box to fit the animal/object.
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby oneiro » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:53 pm

oneiro

I think they all look pretty accurate, buuuuut what happened to the horsie head-shape? :(

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

i don't know x.x it just happened. Its way harder than i thought, so yeah, mistakes everywhere ;p i'll get better P, no worries ^^
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:43 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

Some poses
hasdhasd 001.jpg

ds 001.jpg

dsaf 001.jpg
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby Markus Creation » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Markus Creation

AlwaysAbeginner wrote:Hey! don't laugh at my english u-u

Hey, i hope u know, that i do NOT want to make fun of your english. it just was kind of funny that the word ment `NOT doing the exercise`. But that can happen anybody, my english is not perfect, too.

AlwaysAbeginner wrote: you are just allowed to make one box to fit the animal/object.

Oh okay, thats a hard exercise. Than i think u did it very well.

And the poses show how hard you work, thats very nice. I like the pirate you put in between.

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:25 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

I know markus, just kidding ^^ its good that you corrected me, now i know the proper word, pretend write it like a portuguese word so yeah. I'm trying to work really hard on those poses x.x it will pay off :D
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby AlwaysAbeginner » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:08 pm

AlwaysAbeginner

I did a draw off with a friend, basically we did what bob meatbag does in sycra streams ;p we suggest ideas and the other draw.

bird.jpg
A bird pleasuring himself in a cactus on the desert.

mushroom.jpg
A cute mushroom drinking coffe with chocolate and being sad because he has no friends.

ratfight.jpg
A rat fighting a cookie

It was very fun to do ^^
Spoiler: show
It looks like a child painted them lol
revadahk.artstation.com

Postby Markus Creation » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Markus Creation

AlwaysAbeginner wrote:I did a draw off with a friend, basically we did what bob meatbag does in sycra streams ;p we suggest ideas and the other draw.

Oh that sounds SO fun! :) (of course even more awesome when u have skills like BobMeatbag)

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook