This is a place where you can create or participate in challenges and competitions!

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone, ErnieTheMighty

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:10 pm

ErnieTheMighty

Subject title: Official Character Design Challenge #25 [Till Dec 6th]

Official Character Design Challenge #25

Introduction
The Character Design Challenge has been made to enhance the forum member's creative side of the brain and encourage them to improve. The challenge is made for any kind of skill level, anyone can participate. At the end of the challenge there will be a voting, and the winner receives a certain prize listed below. So go ahead and join, remember to read the challenge rules!

Rules
  • Accepted traditional and digital medium: pencils, ink & digital painting. The general design format can be turnaround, concept, facial expression sheet and/or animation.
  • You must associate your character design with at least two of the given tags(prompts). [Updated 2016, November 15th]
  • No extreme NSFW material is allowed. That includes genitalia, extreme gore and torture. [Updated 2016, November 15th]
  • The work must be started and finished between the starting and ending dates set for the challenge.
  • The picture submitted should be resized to 750-850px width(not height), preferably on IMGUR or any hosted site which does not delete images. Submitting 750-850px width image no longer grants you an 1 additional point in voting process, but makes your image more pleasant to scroll past for users with smaller monitors.
  • Only one submission is allowed per challenge. Anyone registered can participate. If you post a WIP, make sure to create a new post for your actual submission. You are allowed to comment and ask questions on this thread.
  • One character per submission. You can also design a sidekick of that character for additional flavor. [Updated 2016, November 15th]

Dates
Challenge starting date: 2016, November 14th
Challenge ending date: 2016, December 6th

Voting begins: 2016, December 6th
Voting ends: 2016, December 9th

Challenge #25: 2016, December 9th-11th

Prompts
The prompts for OCDC#25 are:
Antihero | Cheerful | Snow
All prompts were chosen by previous OCDC winners, unless they failed to provide their part of prompts.

Prizes
First place: Choose first prompt for the challenge #26.
Second place: Choose second prompt for the challenge #26.
Third place: Choose third prompt for the challenge #26.
Other participants: Honorable mention.

Inspiration
Spoiler: show
Not necessarily should inspiration be linked to all of the given prompts. The inspiration section is given to give a general feeling of direction for a character. It is okay to use inspiration section as a reference for color palettes, composition, anatomy, clothing, etc.

N/A for this challenge.

Current Participants

Postby SirRedLlama » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:18 am

SirRedLlama

Oh yeah! Something I love doing :D I can't believe I've been on this forum so long and I never knew about this competition.

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:31 am

ErnieTheMighty

SirRedLlama wrote:Oh yeah! Something I love doing :D I can't believe I've been on this forum so long and I never knew about this competition.

Yasss! Can't wait for your submission!

Postby NesoKaiyoH » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:28 pm

NesoKaiyoH

Hmm, it would be cool to try this if I have spare time xD
20 - F - Student - Future concept artist and manga illustrator!

My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?t=11533
My deviantART: http://nesokaiyoh.deviantart.com
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/digitalartistrachelwalpole
My ArtStation: http://www.artstation.com/artist/nesokaiyoh

Postby Oli » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Oli

my entry... way outta my comfort zone :D
IMG_2946.JPG
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby Jordayuuum » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Jordayuuum

The idea for my character is that he's a yeti that hates the cold, but in sunny weather, becomes really friendly and delightful.
Sycra design challenge dec 6th.jpg

Postby Oli » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:01 am

Oli

my dude in action :D
snowinaction.jpg
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby iAmThe1neAnd0nly » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 pm

iAmThe1neAnd0nly

I present to you: the Anti-Santa

antiSantaXsmall2.png

http://imgur.com/a/PV479

Postby Viking Hero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:58 am

Viking Hero

Real quick question here, can I upload my character as a reply on this post, instead of using imgur?

I'm so excited for this, already working on my character!! :D :D :D :D

Postby Vanilla » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:10 am

Vanilla

Viking Hero wrote:Real quick question here, can I upload my character as a reply on this post, instead of using imgur?

I'm so excited for this, already working on my character!! :D :D :D :D

Yes you can. I will be waiting to see your design! :D

Postby Viking Hero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Viking Hero

Here's my character, the Artic Hunter ^^

He lives in the frozen mountains and hunts for food. Tho he considers his home a sanctuary of nature so he kills anyone who comes near :?
ARTIC HUNTER 1.jpg
Last edited by Viking Hero on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 am

ErnieTheMighty

2 days left, guys! Submit your stuffs!

Postby Alice Borealis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:06 am

Alice Borealis

A cheerful little snow angel based around the Japanese myth of the Yuki Onna. tbh this is the first time "I've ever really posted here and I don't feel very Confident. I'll post my physical sketchbooks, her feeling different emotions later.

Postby Camnel » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Camnel

My submission: Kunwaktok, the last of his tribe. Some backstory about him on spoiler

Spoiler: show
An ancient tribe from the arctic is surrounded by exotic wildlife and several mineral resources, this tribe respects their surroundings and worships many gods related to nature. Each warrior of the tribe is devoted to a particular god, wearing tattoos showing their devotion as tradition. Kunwaktok was the champion of the tribe, devoted to the moon god, which is believed to live inside the moon and was said that moon cycles were a reflection of his mood.

A tragic day arribes, the worst of the auguries happens, a lunar eclipse that stains the moon red, the "Blood moon". Same night the tribe gets attacked by foreigners looking for resources by pillaging and murdering. The tribe defends itself with might, but outnumbered little of that matters. Kunwaktok knew that there wasn't a real chance to win the fight, then he remembered an old tale about the god he adored. This could only be achieved during a blood moon, by drinking the blood of one of his comrades, he would be able to borrow the power of the moon god. This was an unforgivable sin and the price to pay would be his own soul, he would be cursed forever.

He didn't care about that, if he could save the tribe it would be more than worth it. He silently backed to one of the dead bodies of his own and quickly drank his blood. He suddenly hears a whisper from the lunar deity: "It's not my power that you're borrowing, but the power of the dead", the expression of Kunwaktok changed drastically to a big sick smile. He went on a bloodthirsty frenzy, his eyes and tattoos turned red immediately, now he had the power of two and his killing instinct went on rampage. He fought brutally against the invaders, having a taste of each one's blood, increasing his power. When the battle was over only a few of the tribe remained alive, they didn't feel any relief though, they were scared of what they've seen. Kunwaktok looked at them and said: "We'll protect the land of the gods forever, as one"

Kunwaktok now is a legend, told to people to stay away from the extremely cold lands. It's said that he carries the skull of his lover and the one of his best friend to avoid feeling loneliness. He can't feel cold, carries a spear made of ice and only feeds of blood to maintain his power. His only mission is to protect the land and nature that his tribe once worshiped.

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:07 pm

ErnieTheMighty

Gonna keep the challenge till tomorrow's morning. Submit while you can!

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:31 am

ErnieTheMighty

Challenge is over, thanks for participating everyone! Voting thread is here! o/

Return to The Arena