This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby swangart » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:19 am

swangart

Subject title: Best Movies of 2016

What are your favorite movies from this year?

Postby DarkLored123 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:15 pm

DarkLored123

Ouija: Origin of Evil
Captain America: Civil War

That's about it for me, my choices are very reserved to movies I like and there weren't many choices this year. I definitely recommend Ouija it's a great movie even though the dialog was pretty much forced the story is still intact and good, Doris is my favorite there :)

Postby swangart » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:00 pm

swangart

DarkLored123 wrote:Ouija: Origin of Evil
Captain America: Civil War

That's about it for me, my choices are very reserved to movies I like and there weren't many choices this year. I definitely recommend Ouija it's a great movie even though the dialog was pretty much forced the story is still intact and good, Doris is my favorite there :)

Haven't seen Ouija. I'll have to check it out. Civil War was pretty cool. I like Marvel movies but I think I'm getting tired of them. They're still well made though but it's getting really saturated. At least it's not bad like DC movies though lol.

You should check out Arrival. I thought it was a really well made movie. It's slow paced but the concepts presented in it are really interesting and get you to rethink the movie.

Rogue One was alright but the Star Wars movies Disney puts out kind of feel like Marvel movies to me now where they're entertaining but not that memorable. Takes away some of the magic of waiting 3 years for one when every year a new Star Wars comes out. I want to see George back but that's never happening lol.

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Ambiguity

Deadpool
Zootopia
Sing
Finding Dory
Cpt. America: Civil War

I didn't see a ton of films this year, but half of what I did see was either awful or mediocre so I don't think it was that great a year for films.

Postby swangart » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:56 pm

swangart

Ambiguity wrote:Deadpool
Zootopia
Sing
Finding Dory
Cpt. America: Civil War

I didn't see a ton of films this year, but half of what I did see was either awful or mediocre so I don't think it was that great a year for films.

Dunno, I don't really go out to see the bad movies lol. Thought most of the movies I saw were kind of just popcorn entertainment movies that I forgot about like Dr. Strange and stuff. I thought Arrival and La La Land are pretty good movies and are probably gonna win a lot of awards. I'm hoping after Avengers 3 that the superhero movies die down. Or just these safe sequel/superhero movies in general.

Postby Kyoobies » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 am

Kyoobies

Deadpool was great. Never got to see Hardcore Henry sadly, I need to some time.
"Balsamic Vinegar" - Tsukasa Hiiragi

- - My [NSFW] Sketchbook! :D - - 21/m - -

Return to Lounge