This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby jr-107 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:50 pm

jr-107

Subject title: Introduce yourself : jr-107

Hello,

I am 45, french (personne n'est parfait : thus don't pay attention to my poor english please), father of 3.
I have been drawing for a very long time, but recently I realized that I haven't improved
that much since I spent almost no time with a pencil.

I then looked for new sources of inspiration, and Sycra's videos are one of the most decisive in my new
process. He had the best idea ever, though he mentionned to be embarrassed about. He showed his
early works, and it's the part that sparked something in me. Blowing away the notion that someone that
has a genuine talent is good at his very first stroke... I never believed I could improve before that.

In the very last month I got all my pencils from a dusty drawer and began to try to do better and apply
Sycra's advices ... and it worked. I am so far from considering myself good that I only tried slowly as
if I were the child who needed to go from scratch every thing ...

Postby urpoutta » Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 pm

urpoutta

Hello.

I'm Tane, finnish 20 years old man. My mother tongue is Finnish so I apologize for my grammar. Drawing is more like a hobby to me, been a long time and something I want to get better at. Other things I'm interested include comics, animations, aquariums and gardening which I'm striving to make my living. Nice to meet you!
Hope I make some sense in my babblings:''D

My sketchbook

Postby testaccount » Mon May 16, 2016 7:27 pm

testaccount

test

Postby Arcanecat » Thu May 19, 2016 2:01 am

Arcanecat

Hello, I'm Arcanecat.
I'm a student that lives in the USA, and I like sketching a lot, also painting too, and art in general. When I don't do art, I like to play video games(warthunder for example), watching anime and lets plays, reading fat history books and sc-fi/fantasy, and dabbling a bit in coding.
I want to get better, and just talk with other creative people :3.

Postby Jara257 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:28 am

Jara257

So, I'm Jara. I'm a 19 y/o Canadian person who's being drawing inconsistently for basically their whole life. I only started getting pretty serious about it in the last few years though. Aside from art, I don't really do much except watch cartoons and videos then scream about them. Though, I've very recently started writing again and I'm planning to release a webcomic in the (hopefully) near future to help me improve along my artistic journey.

Anyway, the reason I decided to join up here is because I recently looked up Sycra's videos again and remembered just how much they helped me when I started getting more serious about my art. I found his videos just as inspiring now as they were back then. His resource videos really helped me feel like I could attain a level of skill I would be happy with and now I've been using them as a sort of background noise for when I'm drawing. Then I actually looked up these forums and saw a pretty great community, all working together to just get better. So, here's hoping I can meet some really great people to study and grow with. Cheers [thumbs up]
"But she was already pouring hima brimming glass of spiders." - relativepronoun@tumblr

Tumblr | Deviantart | Instagram | Twitter

Postby MrMars » Sun May 29, 2016 3:10 am

MrMars

Hello everyone! I'm MrMars, I've always loved making up worlds and found art to be my favorite way to do so. Years ago I learned how to draw by being part of a forum of like minded individuals who shared a love for world building and now I wanna go for a repeat of the experience. I hope to make a lot of friends and learning along side all of you! : D

Postby XFlameR » Mon May 30, 2016 12:04 am

XFlameR

Hi everyone I'm 24.

I'm a Hungarian fresh graduated person, just got free from college, and I considered lot's of things, and finally came to the point where I'd rather be an artist instead of being a computer engineer, I also like design stuff but I'm not really good at it.

I'm planning to become an illustrator, but as I could see its road pretty long and that's kinda frighting. Despite all of that I made a decision, and do what I've been always like to do beside the college: to create. That's why I'm also really glad for Sycra (so thank you if you read this!) and for his videos because it changed my mind about a lot of things.

I love to paint digitally I can't really express how much! I also love sketching, that's what I'm a bit lame at. Also I'd be get deeper into traditional medium, like oil paint, pastel, coal. I kinda get more interest using markers too. I'm kinda fear the oil-paint yet. But I think I would get through this fear.

People says I have a pretty good intuition at art, especially at lighting, shading, and colours. But I much more feel like that's all just because I did a straight 3 years of experimentation with lamps and shadows in 3D render applications, or is it maybe talent? I don't know.

Anyway I'm glad I could be a part of an awesome community here, and I'm looking forward to share experiences, and learn from each other, or just having a good time. It's really heart-warming to belong somewhere just like this. :)

Postby sexypixels » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:40 pm

sexypixels

Hi everyone! I'll be a permanent residence here. Hope to be seeing you guys!
Life's tough but I'm tougher! Sketchbook

Postby yume » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm

yume

Hi all
My name is Melanie, I drew a lot when I was a kid/teenager. Now I am old and restarted drawing last autumn. Hope to improve a lot and get better soon... :roll:

Postby Eillims » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:12 am

Eillims

Whats gucci fam
The Q Train to BK

Postby ReverieAddict » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:59 pm

ReverieAddict

So nice to be here. Keep it up everyone~
Last edited by ReverieAddict on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bionic_Waffles » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:32 am

Bionic_Waffles

Hi, I'm Melanie and I'm new here. I pretty shy and it took me a long time to finally make this account so....lets see where it goes. :D :D (looking for help because I'm pretty bad)

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 am

Ambiguity

Hey Melanie, sorry it took so long for me to approve your message, it didn't show up in the mod queue for some reason :P.

Postby balcom » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 am

balcom

Hey, I'm Chris, I'm 28, and for the last 6 years I've wasted my college education. I'm getting back into art and animation and I've been getting a lot of help from Sycra's videos. Thought I'd post up here for a bit and meet some cool artists and get some feedback.

Postby Prospitfox » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:01 am

Prospitfox

Hello everyone! I'm Fox! I've been drawing since I was 13 (I'm 19 now) though I only got serious about it within the last 2 years. My goal right now is to launch my own webcomic, which I'm currently in the process of planning (I've started it a few times now but needed to make some pretty severe revisions before I could work on it for real). I'm a pretty anxious/shy person so I haven't really found a good irl artist community that I can be a part of, so I figure this'd be pretty great to try!

Sycras videos have been a huge help for me in every aspect of my art, so I'm hoping I can find similarly helpful people here, and can maybe help them in return!

At the moment I'm a college student for computer engineering, but I'm hoping I can become a good enough artist by the time I graduate that I won't NEED to get a job in that field (I love engineering, I just don't wanna have to work with people in person due to aforementioned anxiety (((which is not actually anxiety but we don't gotta get into that))))

Postby v-mordecai » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 am

v-mordecai

Hey guys! I'm Mordecai, or Mordi, or Cai, if you like. I'm 22 and I've started to draw only a few years ago, at first it started as a stress relief. But then I fell in love with drawing and now I'm pursuing a dream to become an artist. For me, an artist means a person, who creates something that speaks to others souls, changing their mood and giving them something they would value (like that awesome stories everyone loves), inspiring them.
I wish to get along with you awesome people here C:
Sincerely yours, Pumpkin.

Postby bortman65 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:30 am

bortman65

I'm Jonathan and I hate drawing. It is the most despicable activity I can think of.
Seriously though.
I'm 15 years old, a rising sophomore in high school. I can't think of the time I seriously began drawing. But hey, I'm here, a week after discovering Sycra, so might as well say now.
I want to be an animator. Animators like Bahi JD, Yutaka Nakamura, You Yoshinari, Hiroyuki Imaishi, etc, are my main inspiration.
As you might deduce, Anime is my style of choice (or at least my attempted style of choice).
I somehow get pissed when I see someone my age that might be better than me, which is really stupid, but I can't hide it, so there's that. I try not to be salty. Try.

I hope to both benefit and contribute to this forum!

Postby Firgof » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Firgof

Howdy all. I'm 30 and have been attempting to learn how to draw well for most my life. Regrettably, I haven't yet hit the high standards I've wanted to achieve and, while I train up to get back into the games industry, I figured I'd hang around on SycraNet since I'm always watching and drawing along.

Postby yasuda1986 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:19 pm

yasuda1986

Hello I am yasuda1986. I started drawing 6 years ago. Originally I did a lot of manga type things, but recently I started trying to do my own thing and it is working quite well.

Postby PulpPunch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:04 pm

PulpPunch

Hi everyone. I'm 24 and after having a very on-and-off relationship with drawing for many years, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to take art a lot more seriously and have been making what I think is a noticeable attempt to be more consistent and dedicated during the past year. I also made the proper jump into digital about half a year ago, and it was thanks to Sycra’s very helpful videos that I found this forum, which really impressed/intimidated me with the amount of talent and ambition it carried. I mainly draw manga, though there are other things I’d like to try in the future.

Anywho, nice meeting all of you and I’m looking forward to being part of the community.

Postby runner1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:15 pm

runner1

Hi! My name is Jack and I hope to learn to draw, it helps me explain things.

Postby Unisloth » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Unisloth

Hi! I am just your average magical sloth, who happen to really like to draw. I am still not very good at drawing and even more inexperienced at painting (what's value? Lol), but i am trying to get better at it. Being a sloth, laziness is one of my biggest obstacles and I hope that in the future i can overcome my slothy nature and find motivation to do the one thing i wake up everyday to do.
(Um...I was hesitant to join this forum because i was intimidated by how serious everyone is about pusuing art as a career, which made me a bit insecure about my lack of motivation. At the moment, i am not (yet?) pursuing a career as an artist, but i want to learn more and i refuse to close the doors to that path).

Postby InEveningAir » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:52 am

InEveningAir

Hi, I am a nineteen year old aspiring artist.

I have known about this forum for a few years now, but have only just decided to join. (Cowardice mainly)

Hopefully you all will be seeing more of me in the future.

Postby dcobco » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:06 pm

dcobco

Hello all, I'm Ryo, a designer living in Canadia. I mainly do urban
sketching these days, but I like to dabble in this-and-that every
now-and-then. I want to improve my sketching speed and accuracy,
as well as improve my watercolour techniques. I'm a little excited.

Postby DarkLored123 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:14 am

DarkLored123

Hi, I am DarkLored123 and I plan to become good at drawing to the point where I will be able to draw realistically and my future plans are to make a comic book and hopefully produce my own anime.

I am not the average person you'd know, very anti-social(hard for me to accept new people since I am very picky) and kind of hate the way the world is with all the cultural separation and the government for obvious reasons. I like watching anime which particularly is based on drama and full of character development, I do prefer anime that has more sad themed characters rather than the average joyful ones since it reminds me of the disgust that surrounds this world. I might sound like I am someone who just hates the world, but really I just don't want to live at this era, I prefer places that have more nature rather than focus on buildings and roads.

Hope you don't get the wrong idea, I am not anti-social because I hate people, I am that way because I can't trust anyone anymore and I only accept people who I can relate to or it's not a friendship for me, if I feel no connection it's worthless I just don't want to be that person who is a part of a group that I'll have to lower my maturity to enjoy my time, I do want to make new friends but I am quite comfortable being alone and enjoy it.

I love when it rains because symbolically it reflects how I feel most of the time and basically cleans my mind from everything. As you might have noticed already I also like writing a lot and being analytical of things, it's natural for me and that's how I base opinions of mine by looking at many points of view which makes me add more detail when I formulate an opinion in the beginning and write. There's so much more I can say about me but I'll leave it to you guys to find out :)

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge