This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby z4m97 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:07 pm

z4m97

Subject title: Introduce yourself!!

Pariahjack wrote:Sup all, im Jack! Im focussing on Creatures and Characters, id like to be a concept artist one day and... i feel like im not making any progess. So, since every artist community im part of seems to be going extinct, i decided to join in here and try again! :D

i feel you bro! this is the last dark corner one can hide in these days :D

Postby EbolaBear » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:25 am

EbolaBear

I am a burrito waffle masquerading as an afflicted bear :D

I like stuff
Some of you already know me from somewhere else
I'm just a bear in this material world

Postby Möp Möppelton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:44 am

Möp Möppelton

Hoi! I'm Möp. I work at a software company. I love to draw and currently i'm trying to combine my programming knowledge with my style to create a game. :geek:
Im more of a hobbyist, but i'm trying to become an better artist to see where it might lead me.

Postby Collected-Hope » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Collected-Hope

Hello,

I'm a beginner and my drawings aren't the best (probably will the worst ones here lol), however I want to improve.

Postby Waters » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:12 am

Waters

Aylmao I'm trying to stop being degenerate scum hi hey hello

Postby drrn_blck » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:46 pm

drrn_blck

Should've come here first but I got excited and posted in the Critique section right away lol

Hey there, goes by the name Darren Black. Not my real name, just a name I like to use online. Been drawing and making comics since I was a kid but only started digital drawing after secondary school. Been on and off for 8 years since then, because of family opposition lol you know the drill; "How are you gonna make money being an artist??!!" , "Not many artist gets to make it big ya know?!" and no matter how much I explain the many things you could do even just with drawing, it's never reason enough. So now, I'm turning a deaf ear and just go with my guts.

Soooo..yeah. Expecting good things from being in this forum and maybe make some connections :D

Postby AliciaStopIt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:37 am

AliciaStopIt

Howdy!
I'm just a 19 yearold working a shitty retail job. I draw a lot&write characters. I often push myself too hard and get handcramps, because I have no selfcontrol.

Postby finaltrinity » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:11 am

finaltrinity

I'm Trini. My job tires me, and I just like to doodle a lot. I still want to get better with the fundamentals.

Postby Koźlik » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Koźlik

Hi' I'm Koźlik. I like to draw cool stuff. I want to draw cooler stuff, but right now I'm learning. :roll:
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check my Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on my Twitter and Instagram too.
I do streams sometimes, mostly weekends on my Picarto channel.

Postby Drawringer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:51 am

Drawringer

Hey, i draw, isn't that cool? I wanna learn because I have no clue what Im doing, help.

Postby lichtgelb » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:09 pm

lichtgelb

Hi, I'm lichtgelb and I draw too :o My favorite topics when drawing are magicians, people in some sort of a streetgang, cool, cude stuff like diggers, very dynamic, expressive stuff and LINK (he was just always there). I came here to get better but also give some help where I think I can.
Hope we can get along! :)

Postby youghurt » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:15 pm

youghurt

I'm Tomáš and I am very anxious about my art and about my way of an artist. I'm now 19 years old and most of my high school i wished to get into an art focused college. Now that i'm at final year of high school i realized i have nearly no chance to get into such college so i just draw and draw and draw and try to get as much information as i can, because i feel guilty for not going into art college. I love listening to Sycra's voice (lol) it makes me less anxious. I love anime style, but i don't think it's the style i would like to master, more like some kind of hybrid style.

Postby Princesskuikui » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Princesskuikui

Hai I draw furries and am a derp. X'D
I identify as a hawaiin poi dog (a now extinct breed) named Princess Kui Kui.
"Kui Kui"??
Yeah it' sounds pretty wacky.
But it actually makes sense!
The Kui Kui nut, or candle nut is a hawaiin plant once used to light torches (yay tikis!).
Annndd bye :3

Postby Ityasaari » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:23 am

Ityasaari

Hi. I go by Sora (on the internet at least). Atm I'm trying to git gud at art but at any given moment I'm probably playing video games instead >_>. Hoping to become an animator in a number of years.

Postby Melty Cat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Melty Cat

Ay up, ducks!

I'm Melty from Derbyshire in the UK. I'm a professional illustrator and designer as far as art goes, but I'm also an actress (TV, movie, stage) and voice actress to fill in gaps between contracts. I like to keep myself busy, hehe.

I've been drawing and designing for many years, professionally since around 98 and, if I had to choose, I'd say that digital painting is my preferred method of art creation. I tend to scribble crap in my down time just to keep my muses happy, so expect all kinds of nutty things in my 'sketchbook' thread.

Someone I know (PineapplePants) happened to link me up to this forum and I figured I'd have a nosey. I enjoy art communities, so I couldn't resist.

Nice to meet y'all anyway!

Postby shyamraj » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:58 pm

shyamraj

Hi everyone, my name is shyam. i am really very serious about making art my carrer and wish to get some help for motivation and i am very new to getting into communities like this and hope i will get what i need in this forum.. thank you

Postby AlexGreenwood » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:07 pm

AlexGreenwood

hello im a noob, my names Alex i like to draw and stuff. Thank you for allowing me into the inner circle :)

Postby bunnyblushs » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 pm

bunnyblushs

Hello, i go by Zero/Chaz an i'm the shyest human being right now. I'm from Valparaíso, Chile (my mother language is spanish, so grammar mistakes may be recurrent) and i have been drawing since i have memory. I'm 16 this year and i'm starting to take art as a more serious thing in my life, thought i don't think i would want to make a living out of it. I have been attending a teen art workshop for almost 4/5 years now as i'm mainly in a normal school.

I started watching Sycra's videos about a year and a half ago but i wasn't sure about joining the forums, since... I'm kind of socially, weird, to say at least something. But as sharing and viewing stuff with others artists is something that i find enjoyable, then why not? I hope i can post at least some things from now on!
“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad,
whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.”
― Andy Warhol

Postby The Dutch Apprentice » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 pm

The Dutch Apprentice

Hi I'm the dutch apprentice. You can also call me TDA if you don't want to type my full nick name. I'm here to get better at art (i'm not that good right now).

Postby Rhynn » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:56 pm

Rhynn

Rhynn wrote:*waves* Hi ^_^

I'm Rhynn, Dutch, 22 years of age at the moment, and Zjacklee's girlfriend (see bottom of the previous page for his introduction).

I know it's cliché, but I've been drawing ever since I could hold a pencil. I taught myself how to read and write thanks to drawing, haha. I saw the letters as just little drawings...

Anyway. I've been using Photoshop for drawing for about... 10 years now, I think. My style has varied quite a bit and still continues to vary; I've recently started doing digital paintings and just might continue that, because I really like the result.

To see some of my art, check out roccaraven.deviantart.com!

When I'm not busy drawing I can usually be found on the forum I admin, or in a dark corner with my nose in a book ;)

Whoop, quoting my somewhat cringeworthy post from way back on page 5... I'm back!

No idea who is still around from back then, but it looks like the place has gotten quite a bit busier since I was here last!

Art-wise I've not nearly improved as much as I'd like, though I'm finally beginning to understand that I need to do some real hardcore studying before I'll get where I'd like to be - and I've got a long road ahead of me.

Still together with Zjacklee by the way, though he's stopped drawing!

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:33 am

Ambiguity

Rhynn wrote:Whoop, quoting my somewhat cringeworthy post from way back on page 5... I'm back!

No idea who is still around from back then, but it looks like the place has gotten quite a bit busier since I was here last!

Art-wise I've not nearly improved as much as I'd like, though I'm finally beginning to understand that I need to do some real hardcore studying before I'll get where I'd like to be - and I've got a long road ahead of me.

Rhynn! I'm really glad to see you back, you were like one of the first people I ever critiqued on the forums :D.

Rhynn wrote:Still together with Zjacklee by the way, though he's stopped drawing!

You have no idea how mad this makes me, he always seemed so enthusiastic, I was sure he was going to be tons better by now.

Postby Rhynn » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:45 am

Rhynn

Ambiguity wrote:You have no idea how mad this makes me, he always seemed so enthusiastic, I was sure he was going to be tons better by now.

I know :( Some things happened which made him completely lose his will to draw, unfortunately. Now he's focused on fitness and finding his way in life.

I've gone through a similar time actually, but I was still at least doing pixel art, which kept me going art-wise. It's somewhat recent that I've come back to proper drawing, but I've definitely got the taste for it again :D

Postby arihui » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:25 pm

arihui

i'm arihui, 19 yo. i always enjoyed drawing but somewhere kinda stopped. until about 2-3 months ago i started watching sycras videos and began drawing again.
for that, i am really, really, thankful to him! i've started a secret sketchbook in which ive drawn in everyday for two months now ^__^ .
but because i mostly draw in it, i dont have much to show online. i'd love to have some art buddies to draw along with, but i'm really really shy. even if its online.
i dont intend on becoming a professional artist, though i kinda want to reach a professional level.. maybe its just not my intention because i dont have much confidence.
anyways, hello everyone! :>

Postby eisbaerBorealis » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:09 am

eisbaerBorealis

Hey, everyone! I'm Eisbaer Borealis. I've done a bit of drawing in the past, but would really like to make it a more consistent part of my life. Can't get better without practice, and I've had difficulties with motivation for a while now.

Anyway, I am currently obsessed with Zootopia. Ever since Tangled, I've been in love with Disney. Working for them would definitely be the dream job for me. Short-term goals are to draw more, get the basics down, and hopefully get into some 2D animation. My friend Menokokoro introduced me to the forum, and I'm really looking forward to spending some time here.

Postby Seimore » Sat May 07, 2016 3:41 am

Seimore

Greetings!

I'm Seimore, pretty much a total newb to this kind of stuff. Though I've been really putting in the hours these past two months or so. (I'd go as far as saying I haven't really started to draw until two months ago)

I'll be around so holler at me if you'd like (in a friendly way, of course!)
Professional Beginner
http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18860 <- My sketchbook, if you feel so inclined

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge