This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby Minako008 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Minako008

Subject title: Introduce yourself!!

Hello! My name is Yana, I 18 years old. Draw from when I was 14. Still have a looong way to go. I dont have chance to go in art school right now, so I mainly take private lessons. But most of the time I learning myself. My favorite style is anime, but I enjoy all other things in art and I think any style is good in some way. I have I dream that some day I can made comic, I have the idea for it and this comic is what keep pushing me forward. And yeah, I not really social person, most of the time I sit at home and drawing. But in the free time I like to watch all kinds of movies, read books,play video games, listen music and maybe when I will be at my 19 I start to learn play on the piano. Always dream about that. And I think that all I can say about myself. =)

Postby CrazyAppleMofo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:31 pm

CrazyAppleMofo

Hi my names callum I've been drawing since i can remember but only for the past six months have i tried to improve my art and get better. :)

Postby Geinkotsu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:38 am

Geinkotsu

Greetings all, My alias/pen name is Geinkotsu Gothrim, but you can just call me Gein. I was once driven by envy and jealousy and was quite the art theif in the past, but these past two years I have grown up to learn that my inspiration is driven by a deeper meaning to art than just envy. I am now seventeen and I have self taught myself so far and have recently stumbled upon Sycra's videos while trying to study anatomy, and here I am! I rarely do traditional (because I have a problem with drawing smaller scale, especially since I love to detail faces), but I also draw by mouse, so digitial is a pain in the wrist. Hopefully, one day, I shall own a tablet! I can't really define what sort of style I have, but I guess it is a mix between realism and anime right now.
"Every profound spirit needs a mask: even more, around every profound spirit a mask is growing continually, owing to the constantly false, namely shallow interpretation of every word, every step, every sign of life he gives."

Postby Minipurz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Minipurz

Hello everybody :)

My name is Rasmus, online name Minipurz
about myself, well im from Denmark, 25 summers old, I draw some, always been glad to draw, but never really made an effort to make it look good,
but hoping to change that in the future.
Im drawing using traditional pencil n paper- bought myself a wacom bamboo last summer, but soon realised I need more practice in drawing in general.
I use my freetime on games like wow, sc2 and fps' - and watching way too much anime.

Always enjoying Sycra's video's and looking forward to use this forum.

Postby SimonLaursen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:09 pm

SimonLaursen

Woohoo another dane has joined the forums xD
Welcome aboard :)

Postby Jenna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Jenna

I s'pose I could post here, since I planned to aaand... forgot.

Anyways, I'm Jenna. I'm 21. I really like concept art in general but I have a really strong interest in character design specifically, even though I'm not quite sure how I'd go about getting into that. If I could work for one company in the world, it'd be ArenaNet. Orrr Bioware. Either would suit me fine c:

uhh.. Oh, I live in Ohio. I think that's about as interesting as I get.

Postby virtueone » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:49 am

virtueone

Hi, I'm Chris. I'm 29 and I like spaghetti. More importantly though, I love art. I've been drawing since childhood, mostly with pencil or whatever I could get my hands on. I think I'm a decent artist, but aspiring to be much better, so I'm hoping to pickup some good tips from the talented artists here. Cheers! ;)

Postby HSManga » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:27 pm

HSManga

my name is sam
I've been drawing forever and i start drawing seriously from 2010

Postby Gladiorzz » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:20 am

Gladiorzz

My name's Alexandre (or Alexander in english lol a simply letter switch). I come from Canada and my main language is french. I'm a beginner :oops: and getting used to the tablet :P will post my stuff soon as it gets as good as if it was on paper.

Alsoim 17 almost 18 on November 5th haha, thinking about Achitecture or 3D artist :P

Postby You » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:26 pm

You

Hello! I'm Juri! I've been drawing since kindergarten but started "taking it seriously" about 1 year ago. I love checking out other people's art.

Postby Waveloop » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 am

Waveloop

Hey everyone my name is Ricardo, from Portugal. I've been drawing since... Forever... but never toke it serious though. Always was a hobbie to me... And along the years I would pass a lot of time without picking a pencil, and some other times I would just crave for drawing, and sit there hours and hours jut doodling. I guess I'm a bit.. OC... But with a lot of things... So From time to time I shift my obsessions ;)
Just figured I would like to improve, and needed direction and discipline, somI came across Sycra's videos, and just like them a lot, so... Here I am

Cheers to all

Postby marvel57 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:07 pm

marvel57

Greetings all! I,m Big Dan as in big john buscema. Dan to most. I've loved draw since a young lad,now my goal is to be the oldest comic book artist to see first print :D . I see a few Danes in the house, according to a old journal my family came to America in1880 from Denmark. I'm six years out from a liver-transplant and stroke so thank GOD I alive and still drawing hard everyday so keep on you toes

Postby sgtmikey101 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 am

sgtmikey101

My name is Mike I used to draw alot as a kid and i evolved into a doodler only drawing for art classes(that wouldn't teach much :D ). But now I'm having a second stab at learning art and trying to be open to critique. I'm just super anal about being perfect and I tend to mess up everything LOL.

Postby jusmi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08 am

jusmi

Hello there. I'd like to start off by saying that Sycra is awesome and i've learned more things from him than anyone else really. So big ups to you sir!

Currently i am still trying to get into the groove of drawing everyday. I'm primarily a digital artist and i eventually would like to do concept art for a living one day.
I used to draw on and off a lot when i was younger, mainly manga type stuff. But i quit for a long time, but recently got back into it and i am trying to improve.

Anywho, it's nice to be here, and hopefully i can make some art buddies!

Postby m-O » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 pm

m-O

Whoops, I overlooked this topic and wrote the introduction into my sketchbook page..whatevaa let's start again :D /warning: i suck at english/
I'm studying Art History, which i find pretty interesting, but i can't imagine that i would do this for living. We are learning only theoretical stuff and i'm a practical/creative type of person. I was drawing since childhood, but never took it seriously /most of the time just to entertain friends /. Grew up watching series like Dragonball, Detective Conan, Cowboy Bebop and i'm still influenced by japanese culture, but i also like works of many western artists /Jamie Hewlett , Mike Mignola etc./
I hope that this forum will help me to improve my drawing (my english too) and also to find some friends
let's do our best ! /sounds pathetic, i know/ :lol:

Postby ArdentBeing » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 pm

ArdentBeing

Hiya~!
I used to be a creative kid when I was younger, but I stopped drawing all together near the end of 5th grade;
When I had first started drawing when I was little, I was apparently good at it. But when I got older it seemed like my special talent of drawing wasn't uncommon anymore; everyone else could draw it seemed, so I gave up because it didn't make me special anymore. I did doodle for 3 years here and there, but never tried to improve or anything; not even show anyone.
In 9th grade I encountered webcomics in full force and remembered that when I was a kid I liked making comics myself.
Since near the end of that year I'd been trying to play catch-up. So far in the 3-ish years after I can say I've been doing well in terms of improvement. I want to make a graphic novel of my own. One that has attractive pages and an engaging story.
Sooo yesss! That's it for now. xD
I've been stuck on doing fan-fiction-y stuff, which when it comes to admitting it to others is like a dirty little secret/guilty pleasure....but what the hey. Everyone has gotten inspiration from somewhere.

Postby leaosenz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 am

leaosenz

Hi
My Name is Yudhi, im 32, i work as graphic designer and web designer. I love drawing and painting since i was a kid. but i never get too serious, even i studied computer programming, but it turned out helping me out with my art progress. Drawing has been a great escape from daily work, but most of them just doodling, learning this and that, just a few completed works.
but about a year ago, i realized that i can go serious and put more efforts in this as i enjoy it so much. So, here i am to learn more, to hear criticism, to give advise if i think i know something wrong, and hear criticism again if what i think i know turns out i know nothing about it. it's never late to learn.

drawing and painting: I use Photoshop CS 5, and Corel Draw X5, im not comfortable with illustrator. and oil painting
3d: i use sketchup, 3dsmax, and blender - render with vray - mostly my freelance job is 3d interior

Postby ArtOfSam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:06 pm

ArtOfSam

Hello.
I'm Sam. I'm 27 years old. I've been drawing since I can remember. When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a cartoonist. That never happened but lately I've had some interest in figure drawing, comic art, and animation. My hope for the future is for me to pursue a career in art.

Postby Zarkizon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:17 am

Zarkizon

Hi everyone! I'm Zarkizon (real name is Brian) and I'm a 20-year-old college student taking some basic art courses. I want to be a professional artist, I'd to make a living off of making art, and I also want to be really great at drawing. I really like cartoons and artwork that are more lighthearted, humorous, and fun. I also really like anthro animal drawings; I admire the work of Chuck Jones, Don Bluth, Teagan Gavet & Tess Garman, and really anyone who can draw cartoons well.

I started taking art seriously about four years ago when I was in high school, and I've been all over the place as far as trying to learn art goes; I recently discovered that I learn better on my own, as opposed to being in a classroom—I am extremely self motivated. I actually just started watching Sycra's YouTube videos just a few days ago, and one of them really resonated with me, so I started watching some more, and then decided I would join the forum.

Postby sgtmikey101 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 am

sgtmikey101

m-O wrote:Whoops, I overlooked this topic and wrote the introduction into my sketchbook page..whatevaa let's start again :D /warning: i suck at english/
I'm studying Art History, which i find pretty interesting, but i can't imagine that i would do this for living. We are learning only theoretical stuff and i'm a practical/creative type of person. I was drawing since childhood, but never took it seriously /most of the time just to entertain friends /. Grew up watching series like Dragonball, Detective Conan, Cowboy Bebop and i'm still influenced by japanese culture, but i also like works of many western artists /Jamie Hewlett , Mike Mignola etc./
I hope that this forum will help me to improve my drawing (my english too) and also to find some friends
let's do our best ! /sounds pathetic, i know/ :lol:

You sound just like me LOL

Postby kocab22 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:38 pm

kocab22

Hi,

My name is Jaromir. I'm from Czech Republic and I like all kind of art. I tried to start with a lot of different style of digital art (3D art, animation, Sketchup, etc.) since I bought my first PC, but unfortunately I always gave it up because of some reason. Now my life is saddled a little bit because of my new job and I have time for this hobby again. I always wanted to be able to create beautiful paintings, pictures etc. and always was looking at it from not really realistic way. Sycra and similar channels helped me to start from the right end. So now I want to learn all that "boring" fundamentals to be able to transfer my own imagination on paper, respectively on screen.
I don't think it is possible for me to become a professional, but you never know :). Anyway drawing and painting is relaxing work for me, even I can get pretty pissed from it (from time to time) so at least it might be nice hobby for life. Wish me good luck, enough time for practise and patience!

P.S.: Let me say thanks to Sycra and Matej 9(and all of you who helps) for all what you have done and will do. Thank you guys! I really appreciate all your work.

Postby Zeldalina » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:46 am

Zeldalina

Hey, everyone. :)

I'm just a girl who loves to draw, read, do a bit of writing here and there, sing, and play the piano. I also enjoy talking to others, telling about the world that's been in my head since I started drawing nearly 13 years ago, starting out with an art set I got on my 5th birthday, and have just gone from there. :) I love all kinds of art, but am most attracted to fantasy and scifi. If any of you are wondering, I'm from the US.

I really want to do something with art and music as I get older, maybe even write a book about my world and such, but I need to see what options I have first. XD

I also have a DeviantART and YouTube, as well as a LiveStream (But almost no one comes and watches me draw and/or paint digitally, I have yet to figure out how to do a LS with traditional media...).

I'm mainly a traditional artist, but also do digital art as well. :) I'm also really into the fashions from Medieval up to the 1920's, which isn't a bad thing, is it?

Please feel free to call me Mae, Zeldalina, Zelly, ZL, Zelda, or whatever you feel like calling me pretty much. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to know some of you awesome people more. :)

Postby Caelum » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Caelum

Hey everyone!

I saw a couple of vids by Sycra and I was really impressed by his dedication to teaching and being helpful and awesome in general, so I sauntered over to this board and it looks like a fun and friendly place.

I've been looking for a place to share art and get better where I don't know people personally (because I have perfectionist and fear of failure issues that generally make me shove it all out of the window and never finish or show my friends a damn thing ha. It also means I've been stuck for ages and just don't improve much at all)

So. I'll be getting my sketchbook and and doodle on Sycra's paper texture for fun.

Hope to learn a lot from and with you guys!

Postby cvh » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm

cvh

Hi everyone!

I'm cvh and I've been basically drawing and painting since I started breathing. As of now, I'm a student at a german high school hoping to move into a bigger city and study something film-related one day. Theres not much to say about me: I draw, make short-films, longboard, snowboard, do parkour, I'm interested in all kinds of art - including design and webdesign, I love movies more than charlie sheen loves cocaine and you could consider me a nerd... As in hardcore-comicbook-nerd. Seriously, It's not even cool anymore! I got myself a graphic tablet this year and thats when I started getting into digital painting and stuff...
so thats it, folks :)
[continues to draw portraits until the end of time because she just can't be bothered to draw anything else ever]
Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2147
http://charlotvanh.deviantart.com | http://charlotvanh.com

Postby mavimorfoz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 am

mavimorfoz

Hi everbody..this is mavi..i found the forum while watching one of sycra's videos in youtube and thought to join in ;) well its too late in my timezone now and my eyes are closing so am gonna say in short that am a person who is obsessed in art and i draw whenever i feel so and i hope to improve my drawing skills more and more..have a nice day/eve :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge