This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby plixik » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:06 am

plixik

Subject title: Introduce yourself!!

My name is Mario, I'm 25 and I'm from Buffalo NY and currently living in LA. I have been drawing my whole life, but I've only been drawing seriously for about 1.5 years and really seriously for a few months. I went to school for Game Art and Design at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, which was focused on 3D and upon graduating, I quit 3D and started making Flash games. After about a year and a half of making Flash games, I quit that too(they didn't make much money and I was sick of it) and decided to focus on really working on my drawing skills and starting a webcomic. I can't find a job for the life of me(aside from some small freelance jobs) and now I'm more or less just blindly improving my drawing with no end goal in sight.

Postby bharatkumargupta » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:43 pm

bharatkumargupta

hi i m bharat, i draw and i loved this forum and all members!

Postby Kingw777 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:09 am

Kingw777

Hey guys! with as long as I've been trollin these forums you think I'd have check out the non-drawing stuff haha.

well.... lets see My name is Wade King. Im 21, 22 on january 22. I live in southwest florida I'm a cop now and doing private security while in school. I've drawn my whole life but never seriously until the last year I'd say, before then COUNTLESS doodles in notebooks over the years in highschool lol. Within the past year I've discovered how much drawing has been a part of me and how much I love ad respect ar in all its forms and see the beauty in everything and decided its time to start my life in the direction i wanted. I want to do SOMETHING with art in my life I'd love to get good enough to start publishing my own works/stories.

Well alls else I can say is I ABSOLUTELY love this site and feel like I've found some good people/friends that have the same passions as I do. I LOVE seeing all the different types of art everyone has to offer on here. I'm so greatful for sycra and maj for making this site.

Oh and I found sycra via Mark Crilley> Cartoonblock > sycra, and Im greatful I did I've learned a lot from all of them. great artists!!

I won't keep any of you any longer so KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!

P.S. my deviantart site... http://savarius.deviantart.com/

Postby SaiyanArtist17 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 am

SaiyanArtist17

Hello there, my name is Sam and I've been drawing ever since I can remember. I paint a little but I'm slowly working on getting better. I think my "style" that I want to perfect is the semi-realistic anime look, if that makes any sense lol, but I draw everything anyway:) Check out my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/sayianartist17
Drawing is expressing yourself so be yourself and enjoy the process!
http://www.youtube.com/sayianartist17

Postby RRR2ok » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 pm

RRR2ok

Hi :)
My name is Lars, I live in the UK and am in year 10 - the year before we finally finish our GCSEs. I used to always think that I'd go into programming, but you guys have inspired me to consider the artist's path.
I've been following Sycra's YouTube channel for quite a while now, but it was only lately, when I finally clicked on one of YouTube's 'personal digests', that I saw one of his many great videos – something I had nearly forgotten about. :cry:
Now I’ve been trying to draw as much as I can... though I find that that's one of the hardest things for me to do – to just draw. I now carry pencil and paper everywhere I go, just so that I have no excuse not to draw.

I'll start posting a sketchbook as soon as I get round to it (I already have some projects in mind :D )

Aaaanyways...enough of me ;)

Hope to see more of everyone’s work – you guys are purely inspirational – and Sycra keep the awesome tutorials up!!!

Postby azkyeh » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:58 am

azkyeh

Hello names James or also known as Azkyeh
I've loved to draw ever since i was a kid and was always talented and better than the average kid but sadly never pursued it as a skill T_T (time to catch up!). But hey all it took was one Sycra vid to really make me want to draw again and for the past few weeks i've been working on it :D
Glad i found this community that sycra made, i find the large ones very overwhelming

Postby ARice » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:22 am

ARice

Hello, my name is Alex and I am a recent college graduate. I am an all around graphic designer, and I wish to further develop my drawing skills. My drawing isn't the best right now, but I am a decent graphic designer. I'm currently looking for work, and while looking for that I'd hope to run into some freelance work or contests to keep my portfolio fresh.

Postby Leffe S » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Leffe S

Hi! I am an old man who never really got tired of drawing. In the old good time, I worked a lot with paper and pencil, and later in Illustrator. But I've always been (for some strange reason) scared shitless for Photoshop. Last fall was my knee problems so big that I had to undergo a wicked operation, with subsequent sickness absence. Suddenly I had time to spare and started googling and found the guys like Torvenius, Craig Mullins, Sycra I draw girls etc, etc. They made ​​me finally take my thumb out of my butt. I still struggle with photoshop, but it's so incredible inspiring to be a member of this forum and see the results of all the talented people work.
I am your father.

Postby DrGonzoIII » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:02 pm

DrGonzoIII

Hi everybody! My name is Paco López and I live in Spain (Murcia) I never drawed or painted with regularity because I get frustrated all the time I tried. But now I´m decided to learn and improve my drawing and painting skills. Sycra has been a great inspiration for me.

Postby BinaryDood » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 pm

BinaryDood

The name's Rodrigo, I'm in highschool. I've been drawing since ever and always look forward to get better. I want to get a job as a concept artist in the future.

Postby SimonLaursen » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:22 pm

SimonLaursen

Ahh, why didn't I see this post before xD

Anyways guys, my name is Simon and I'm from Denmark. I'm 17 years old and I'm currently finishing up my foundation course of 3D before going over to what you guys know as a high school.
Now to say a little more about myself:
After growing tired of endless paperwork in school i decided to take a 3D foundation course for 1 year to try out something different before going to high school. So far the experience has been overwhelming and i've learned a lot. I originally started on this course to become a 3D modeller but about a quarter through the course my teacher introduced me to concept art. Now I'm going back to drawing and I will do anything in my power to become good at it so I one day can become a concept artist.

Now because of these choices that I have made so early on in my life, I've kind of become the black sheep in my family since I'm the first ever to do something creative with my life. However that doesn't scare since I can see there's a lot of support to get around the internet :)! (And by that I mean you guys)

Besides drawing I actually play music aswell (mostly guitar).
My idols in the business is Syd Mead, Feng Zhu and Neville Page.

I hope that gave you a little insight on who I am :)

Postby calmness » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:49 pm

calmness

Ugh , didnt posted here , what a shame :|
Sooo, Hi everyone, my name is Alexandr and im from Russia (yeah), Saint Petersburg . Iam 20 years old and my passion is art :)
Ive discovered 3ds max when i was 14 or 15 and learned quite a bit , worked for like 4 years , did a lot of cars , humans etc (sadly lost all stuff) , havent touched 3ds max for yeears since dat day
But lated i found out that you should draw well to become a good modeller :D , so i switched to traditional mediums , and lately to photoshop . And now i want to be concept artist .
I also play Quakelive a lot , thats all for now.

SimonLaursen wrote:Now because of these choices that I have made so early on in my life, I've kind of become the black sheep in my family since I'm the first ever to do something creative with my life. However that doesn't scare since I can see there's a lot of support to get around the internet ! (And by that I mean you guys)

Hey yeah , i know how you feel :D

Postby Rec-Spec » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:24 am

Rec-Spec

Hi you guys! I'm Alexis. I like drawing in my sketchbook and tablet. I have been drawing for about 4 years now.I am in high school. I I enjoy watching anime, but don't have much of an impulse draw it. I love animating, but I have a long way to go. I especially like watching people draw on youtube and animations people have made. I just got accepted to SUNY Alfred. I hope to improve even further and meet nice people. <:

I think that's it. (I suck at introducing myself)

Postby alnoth » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm

alnoth

hahaaa

reading this thread is like watching alcoholics anonymous... so here goes

hi, my name is alnoth and i ... draw! (good job! no denial!) i have drawn forever. (sighs) which does not mean i am a star at it. i am an architect by profession, but i like the artsy part of drawing rather than just "ok, lets sketch something real quick and then off to drafting software to engineer a house out of it".

i want to improve my figure drawing skills. to that end, i entered an evening live drawing class, which lasted for one lesson until my schedule fell in place for the semester and i am out of the drawing lesson for time reasons. but oh well, theres so much i can do to improve my figures even without the class... anatomy! my figures fall apart left and right.

some of my inspiration:

best big cats sketcher ever: claire wendling (if only her stuff was easier to find online)
most gracious ladies and hands: alphons mucha
classical artists: too many to name - michellangelo, caravaggio, rembrandt, manet, rodin, giacometti, dali...
architects: too many to name - calatrava, gaudi, aalto, ando, wright...
anatomy in action: frank frazetta

i do NOT like manga!! :twisted: all the hype killed it for me...

Postby amer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:24 am

amer

Ok guys don't push it her I am :D Amer, Loved and practiced drawing since my childhood and I have a passion drawing and painting horses plus drawing portraits (Heads).
In my point of view art is a form of expression that artist can be able to express if he nose how to create, produce and apply the right colour at the right spot. Art is beautiful, ugly, tasteful, distasteful, impressionistic, realistic and more. I believe art is an outlet for people to express themselves. I use to think that art is only drawing and painting but after tracking some art work and how the human imagination can create such a significant painting for people to admire my view has changed 100% and I am kind a hoping to accomplish 10% of that ability.

Sports: Ifly,soccer and bodybuilding
Regards to all................. ;)
They may forget what you said ,but will never forget what you draw.....!

Postby Elrond » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Elrond

Wow 1 months in this forum and i've never seen this topic :D

So:
My name's Andrea, i'm 34 from Rome IT.
Though i do not draw from so much time i like it a lot.
After following Sycra on Youtube for a couple of years I decided to share my work with you.

Love this place :D

Postby afroad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:49 pm

afroad

Hello everyone! My name is Chris, i'm 17 years old. i started taking art seriously my freshman year of Highschool , and i plan on making it a career. if not that then programming. i'm on my junior year but i have recently been expelled from school because i had gotten into my schools network and changed the school bells and had access to security cameras ,doorcodes , passwords and whatnot. they didn't like that very much. so i'm basically out of school at the moment and instead of waiting a year to go back to Highschool i'm getting my G.E.D and applying to some colleges. there i'm hoping to make a portfolio so that i can go on to artschool. ;) things i do in freetime other than drawing: vidya games, lurk 4chan, lots of tv, and ofcourse watching tons of anime/ reading mango. got a deviantart a few months ago and i hope to get better in the future. http://afroad.deviantart.com/ . thanks for reading :P
hi :P trying to pursue art as a career.18 y/o atm. any critiques would be nice.
add me on skype :D -chris.david.bennett

Postby Lilgrudgeboy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:11 am

Lilgrudgeboy

Hello males and females. My name is Reese and I love to draw and create things.
I am a very visual person, and i am always willing to led my eye to art work. There is no such thing as bad artwork to me. Some art is better than others, but it shouldnt be judged.

I am a junior in highschool, and i plan on going to college for concept art, or game design.
I love oil paint, and abstract.
My favorite style of art is horror. Anything that is graphic and brutal Im all about it!
My favorite artists include Vincent Locke, Vincent Van Gogh and my art teacher Mr.Torres.
Looking forward to seeing great works of art here.!

Thanks Sycra for being so friendly to all of your fans.
I am not suffering from Insanity...
I am enjoying every second of it.

Postby Lytt » Thu May 17, 2012 11:51 am

Lytt

Hello. My name is Atom and I'm a little frenchy, I've reach the eighteen years old and I've been drawing seriously for one year. I love japanese animation and manga; video games; music, mostly heavy-metal, death-metal and trash-metal, hard-rock, some jazzy and funky things and classic. I play electric guitar and bass by the way.
It have been for three month I've descover the Sycra's vid and this forum and I really appreciat the way you explain how to do things, it's easy to understand and helpful so thank you a lot for all your work !

"A bientôt !" Like we say. o/
All you need is a good punch in the face

Postby gvkch » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:55 pm

gvkch

Either "g" or "gv" will do for me. I'm still a child. °U° Still got more time to practice anatomy and what-nots. I have a huge crush on manga, haha. Concept art is my second preference in art and semi-realism is my third preference in art. Art is never ugly, it will always appeal no matter the circumstances. Music affects my doodles regardless of what I intended to doodle. I like to look at comic panels for a very long time. I have nerdgasms. I really like inking traditional art. I decline commissions that are asked of; I only take on what I know I can take. I like shortcuts. I'm messy at sketching. Battle poses are awesome. Though I do love art at heart, I'm heading towards the medical field. Lovely peers we have here.
* * * I'm a collector of stars. * * *
(/°[]°)/ <[!]

Postby Happy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Happy

Well, I'm 16 years old and moving on to college doing an artistic course, so I want to improve at art, but I do it mostly for personal enjoyment. I have only recently started taking art seriously, although I have always been drawing(I doodle in EVERY lesson :D). I love Sycra's videos which I have recently discovered and recognize his unique and amazing ability to teach, If I stick around your forum maybe some of your magic will rub off on me :|
Also manga rulez...
"You are who you choose to be"
Character Creation Challenge: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7540

Postby NienawidzÄ™ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:39 pm

NienawidzÄ™

Hi, I'm Karolina and I'm from Poland. I'm a future engineer... digital painting for 3 minths? Or 2,5...

Postby SeaQuenchal » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 pm

SeaQuenchal

My name is Bob Greene. I'm an aspiring comics artist, illustrator, and painter. I'm glad to be part of this community, sharing our passions and learning together. The area of art I'm most passionate about right now is figure and portrait. I eventually want to learn to paint landscapes too. Some of my favorite artists are Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Sargent, Caravaggio, Jean-Léon Gérôme, Norman Rockwell, Will Eisner, Robert Crumb, Walt Kelly, Bill Watterson, Andy and Adam Kubert, John Buscema, Frederic Edwin Church, Thomas Cole, and Monet.
"Every artist was first an amateur." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Constant dripping hollows out a stone." -Lucretius

Check out my sketchbook!
Watch me on deviantART!!
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter!!!

Postby HannahvB » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:33 am

HannahvB

Hello my name is Hannah and I live in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Im here to get some good tips and inspiration . :-)
I hope you like my sketches and drawings :-)

what I really really would love is to work as a creature or charakter designer for movies or games (some day in the far away future ;-) )

see you

Postby RealEscobar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:17 am

RealEscobar

I'm Riley Escobar and I keep it real ya know. I'm a gangsta drawer (sike).
[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge