This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby ID_NA » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:35 am

ID_NA

Subject title: Introduce yourself!!

hi im andi and im an animator in training :)

Postby kol » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:40 am

kol

Hello everyone!

I’m kol, I’m a sophomore in college, and I’m an ultra beginner...as in, I’ve only really been drawing for 83 days...yeah.

I only started after I was accidentally put into a 2D drawing class this last semester, but I found the entire experience to be incredibly enjoyable, so I’m trying to get into traditional drawing as a hobby.

All of my stuff is very cringeworthy right now, but hopefully being part of this community of great artists will help me learn a lot.

Thanks for reading this, and for letting me be here.

Postby Regular Guy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:56 pm

Regular Guy

I'm a normal guy who likes normal things, like eating and breathing.

I draw a bit, but I don't have anything worth posting right now. I'm unsure when I will post a sketchbook thread.

Postby ODST517 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:32 pm

ODST517

Hi everyone! I'm very new at this! my actual name is Dan and I am slightly good at art. I plan to someday work as a concept artist. Soo yea sup!

Postby SaikaDarkmoon » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:00 am

SaikaDarkmoon

Hi everyone. I'm Saika and I just got into drawing digital art. My better half bought me a drawing tablet that I've had on my wish list for about 2 years now and I'm loving it.

I hope to learn a lot as fast as I can. In 2 days I went from making some strange spongebob monster to a half okay colored picture thanks to Sycra's tutorials. My universal name is SaikaDarkmoon I'm also on DA and try to post daily <3

Postby Erixx » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Erixx

I'm Eric, I'm just trying to be motivated enough to make a finished drawing :cry:

Postby NewLight » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:09 pm

NewLight

Hi,

My names Amber-Marie, I'm an aspiring concept artist! I learnt to digitally draw before traditional which is strange I know xD
I'm been drawing for about 6 years now on and off but I really have a long way to go.
I decided this year that I'm actually gonna give it my all and start drawing more frequently to reach my goals, taking the time to work on drawings more instead of speed painting bad work.
I haven't been a part of a community since I first started drawing so I thought I'd go back to my roots to push myself further :D

Nice to meet you all :3

Postby aszantu » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am

aszantu

Hi, I'm new.
Hope you like my stuffand help me improve. Came here from the youtube channel, don't really know how I found it.
gallery:[url]aszantu.deviantart.com/gallery[/url]
genuine feedback always welcome!

Postby xjapaneseyenx » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:26 am

xjapaneseyenx

SaikaDarkmoon wrote:Hi everyone. I'm Saika and I just got into drawing digital art. My better half bought me a drawing tablet that I've had on my wish list for about 2 years now and I'm loving it.

I hope to learn a lot as fast as I can. In 2 days I went from making some strange spongebob monster to a half okay colored picture thanks to Sycra's tutorials. My universal name is SaikaDarkmoon I'm also on DA and try to post daily <3

Lmfao I actually named my double edged sword Saika which is cool so .. I'm Yen btw
Acheronta Movebo

Postby Hikoman » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Hikoman

Hullo, I'm Hikoman. I'm a self taught dude who's been drawing since I could hold a pencil. I might post stuff some time. For now, you can forget about me.

Postby Qualalia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:00 am

Qualalia

Nice to meet you all :D I came here after watching some of Sycra's youtube videos. So yeah, cool. Have a great day lol

Postby zen » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:10 am

zen

Hello my name is Ivan i love music vidya games and badass art. Im comepletely afwul at drawing, but im trying to improve as fast aas possible cuz why not.

Postby Grass » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:17 am

Grass

Hello, I'm Grass. Been lurking in this forum for quiet some time. Nice to meet you all.

Can't post stuff because of account approval. :(

Postby beauviarts » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:04 am

beauviarts

Hello,

I'm Beau and I like to draw. In fact, I like to draw so much that around this time last year I walked out of my Corporate America career to pursue digital art at 29 years old. I've been working on building an online presence since March to help grow my business. I've had a blast freelancing and doing commissions for indie games, indie films, and some novel work.

I figured it was time to hit up some forums and make some art friends! Thanks for the community you have here!

Postby heartcrocher » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:40 am

heartcrocher

Hello call me Cro,
my latest hobby is crocheting.

I love Artistic works.

I did start practizing drawings again lately.
I neclegted it a long time.
I love drawing, grew up with it.
Painting also but not at this moments.

And

Crochet projects i do create while crocheting.
I use no patterns at all.
I love to shape ideas with my hands fantasizing creations.
Later or soon the patterns are written down.

http://heartcrocher.deviantart.com/

Postby KngReingay » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:44 am

KngReingay

Sup guys I'm Ray. Freshman I think technically in college and 20.

Been drawing all my life but only cared about trying to make it a job very recently. Usually just do characters and in tradition but trying to learn digital now.
I never took art classes cuz my art teachers have all had reputations for being dicks and I just never bothered so I guess self-taught too. Goal would be like a concept artist for Blizzard ideally cuz i love their style.

can't think much else. Art friends would be cool but yeah thats all for now. pce

Postby maliksarif » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:53 pm

maliksarif

Hi everyone!

My name is Malik, I was looking for somewhere to devote my studies and upload daily. I hope to make this a second home of sorts :)

Postby Bop » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Bop

Hi! im Bop, I'm an animator(Dont do that that often anymore though) and im also a Digital artist! Im 13, i like anime and cartoons, I hope I can get along with everyone here! my DA is: http://boptherobotrocks.deviantart.com/ and my tumblr is http://superbop.tumblr.com/

Postby Saibot » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm

Saibot

Hello! I'm Saibot (Aneksuz on other sites) I just started drawing again and haven't drawn since I was a kid!

Pleased to meet you!

Postby Decimus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:31 am

Decimus

Greetings All,

I have drawn off and on since i was a kid but never truly progressing up to my fullest potential. I blame this due to my impulsive tendency to switch between the newest shiny techniques/shortcuts which ends up fizzling out my motivation rather quickly. Signing up to this board is a gesture towards my commitment to building up discipline and consistency rather than relying on quick tricks to complete my art. I have opened a Sketchbook that's awaiting approval and am doing a 3 month bargue course to help me strengthen my foundations and be consistent.

I hope to be able to make friends with most of you.

Cheers!

Decimus

Postby Decimus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Decimus

Greetings All,

I've been drawing on and off since i was a kid but have never pursued it to my fullest potential. I blame myself for my tendency to switch between the latest and greatest techniques and not sticking around long enough to actually absorb the skills. I'm hoping to build discipline and consistency by starting up a Bargue course for 3 months in my new sketchbook. Along the way i hope to make new friends here and share art wisdoms,

Cheers!

Decimus

Postby strudelsandwich » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:37 pm

strudelsandwich

Hey guys. I've actually registered here a long time ago, but I've fallen a bit out of habit with drawing, so I've stuck to lurking every once in a while. Hopefully I can change that pretty soon.
I've drawn non-seriously for a majority of my life, and only decided to try to draw seriously off and on since high school (which was 4 years ago so make of that what you will). Just hoping actually posting here will get me to be more proactive about art things.
I guess some other things about me are that I have an unhealthy obsession with the Internet and video games, and I'm a indecisive person by nature.

Postby Oblongly » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:34 am

Oblongly

Hello everybody, Oblongly here. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, but I just started taking it seriously the beginning of October this year. Eventually I would like to work as an illustrator/animator because I love bringing scenes and characters to life. I look forward to growing with you all and becoming a part of this community. :D
F. 21. Working towards becoming a professional concept artist/ hobby animator

My Sketchbook
http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73873

Postby Shishi02 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:34 am

Shishi02

Hi there,

I started to have interest with drawing when I was in kindergarden and anime fueled me to keep on going.

But things changed after that and recently learned that my art isn't following the fundamentals. I just started coming to YouTube and stumbled upon sycra's videos for about a week ago. I am like my young self again excited for new change. It was hard to until I accept the change wholeheartedly. I am right now excited what arts and style I can do in the future.

Postby Yare » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 am

Yare

Hi Everyone!

My name is Yare and I'm passionate about art. I'm here to learn from everyone and hopefully help someone.

See you later,

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge