This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby Sycra » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 am

Sycra
Site Admin

Subject title: Introduce yourself!!

Hey I'm Sycra Yasin and I've been drawing since I can remember and painting for over 10 years. I think you are cool!

Postby Matej » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Matej

Hey evreyone i am Matej Geršak i've coded the http://www.sycra.net and edited the forum. I make websites , write programs and games and i also draw stuff on paper or photoshop.

Postby Jay » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Jay

Ey whats up guys,im Jay...ehh i draw and will continue too,until im...dead,i suppose XD lol ...anyway,i like almost every piece of art i see...everybody has a different style in my eyes. I work,help out my family,i hang out with friends,i sleep and i breathe air. My favorites style to do or to look at is the japanese anime/manga. I am not a student at some art school,never was,all i do,i do out of my imagination or out of inspiration from games/music/movies n so on...
i try to teach myself how to improve on my own. But i think its about time i take it a step further,so here i am. ;) Thanks to Sycra n Matej for makin this forum,i hope i will improve by you guys.
Last edited by Jay on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Stoyben » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Stoyben

I'm Steve I like long walks on the beach and... I'm just kidding but my name is Steve. I like anything wacky, funky, or nontraditional when it comes to art.
You can't spell earth without art.

Postby Cartesian Theater » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Cartesian Theater

I'm Heron and my relationship with art is both passionate and complicated, somewhat like an on-and-off love affair. It comes second to my love for learning, so I'm here to learn as much as I can and help when needed. Kudos to Sycra. :D

Postby Shadonra » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Shadonra

My name is Kalvin and I draw

Postby AllenWake » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm

AllenWake

My name is Allen and I'm trying to learn how to draw...

Postby Minn2x » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Minn2x

My name is rickey and I love drawing, I'm not good at it but I hope to be, so I'm pretty much in student mode. I also do graphic design. This is the first drawing forum I have ever interacted on I been following sycra you-tube for a few years and he's such a cool artist so when he posted a link to the forums I figure this is the year I get in on a art community. Now "I hope" I can build up the confidence to post a sketch book.
“My dream is to create worlds, not develop others.” ~ Dan Luvisi

Postby AllenWake » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm

AllenWake

Minn2x wrote:My name is rickey and I love drawing, I'm not good at it but I hope to be, so I'm pretty much in student mode. I also do graphic design. This is the first drawing forum I have ever interacted on I been following sycra you-tube for a few years and he's such a cool artist so when he posted a link to the forums I figure this is the year I get in on a art community. Now "I hope" I can build up the confidence to post a sketch book.

Go for it Dude! I look forward to seeing your work :mrgreen:

Postby Caroline » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:32 am

Caroline

Hey! I'm Caroline :D I love to draw and I'm also in my third year of studying animation in university.

Postby Roger » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:45 am

Roger

HEY! My name is Roger. I draw mainly comic books, and I am plaining to get a career set of comic books.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11 Come visit my Sketchbook!

Postby Divo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 am

Divo

Hi, my name's Ivo and I'm 20. I started drawing when I was 5 and now am studying arts in university. I like both traditional and digital art. Few years back I saw a video, a speed painting of John Locke from Lost by Nico Di Mattia, and ever since then
I have been looking on youtube for digital paintings and Sycra's channel was one of my favorite :)

Postby Phoenicorn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Phoenicorn

The names Phoenicorn.
So heres a tiny bit about me.
I am an artist looking to improve his skills but above all else I am a magazine editor. I have been editing Forumites magazine for nearly 2 years. The idea behind the magazine is to promote artists of all skill levels. I am also a novice blogger so expect me to be on the look out for someone to feature in my next blog post.
I run under the idea that if I can become a great artist anyone can.
ArtFreck features artist sketchbooks from around the web. Have you been featured? http://www.artfreck.blogspot.co.uk

Postby Phoenicorn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Phoenicorn

Divo wrote:Hi, my name's Ivo and I'm 20. I started drawing when I was 5 and now am studying arts in university. I like both traditional and digital art. Few years back I saw a video, a speed painting of John Locke from Lost by Nico Di Mattia, and ever since then
I have been looking on youtube for digital paintings and Sycra's channel was one of my favorite :)

Funny I kind of got into art via youtube aswell. For me it was Chris Scalf. BTW he is such a nice guy. I had the pleasure of contacting him a while ago.
ArtFreck features artist sketchbooks from around the web. Have you been featured? http://www.artfreck.blogspot.co.uk

Postby Oopie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:47 am

Oopie

Hey there everybody! My name is Zak,I've been drawing seriously for about 4 years. I don't believe I've improved as much as I could have. So I've come here to meet other artists and share my own work. I'm sure I'll get along with everybody :D See you all around!

Postby GauntletsTheArtist » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:51 am

GauntletsTheArtist

Hmm... What 2 say...

Name: Keenan Y. David
AKA: "Gauntlets" Keenan David
Hometown: North Las Vegas, NV - USA
Currently Resides: Los Angeles, CA - USA
Other interests: Fight Sports, good music
2 youtube channels ( http://www.youtube.com/Gauntlets and http://www.youtube.com/GauntletsProductions)
My DeviantART account: gauntletstheartist.deviantart.com
My favorite MMA fighter/pankrationist: Lyoto Machida
My least favorite MMA fighter/pankrationist: Fedor Emelianenko
Favorite art media: Digital, Pencil
Something I did 4 da hell of it some time ago:

Postby adamjames » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 am

adamjames

Hi guys, my name is Adam James.
I'm an industrial engineer that found himself out of work due to the poor economy.
Now I work as a freelance creative developer and I also write stories.
Over the past year I've been teaching myself how to draw.
I'm glad I found a community to be a part of.
You guys rock.

Postby Menokokoro » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 am

Menokokoro

Hey, I'm David (aka Menokokoro), I've been drawing since I can remember, but not seriously until just the last few years...something I'm a little disappointed about. Drawing is my single favorite thing to do in life (wonder why I don't do it more often...), so obviously I want to do it all the time. I didn't realize that I actually could until the beginning of the summer, I was in my job doodling, thinking that I wish I could do THIS for my job...then it clicked. Now, I'm starting my first semester in the illustration program at UVU on monday...I'm so excited! I know I have a lot to learn, and a lot of work to do, but it is all worth it, even if I don't get a career out of it, I just love to do this!

Anyway, got the drawing rant out of the way, I have more about me than just drawing haha. I grew up with seven older sisters (yes, that is 100% true), being the only boy, and the youngest made life...interesting. I was an uncle at three years old, and now have a "Nephew-in-law" and "Great Niece", very large family. I'm twenty four, and I'm the black sheep. Not married, and no kids. I love the outdoors, hiking, biking (street and mountain), snowboarding...especially snowboarding. I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs...uhhh...what else should I say....Oh well, I guess there is plenty of time to say more, I think I've said enough haha.

Postby Kricket » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:58 am

Kricket

Hey everyone,

I'm Matthew. I used to be a 3D animator then somehow got sucked into the hell that is website design. Gotta get back on that horse and start animating again. To improve my animation I started drawing and have been loving that. I want to start a webcomic soon, not that I have any illusions of making it big in webcomics, just as a creative outlet. I got stories I need to tell.

Postby sahrab » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:51 pm

sahrab

hey everyone
im ahmad... and i like to draw stuff

Next

Return to Lounge