This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby FancyFace10 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:34 pm

FancyFace10

Subject title: Youtube addict needs help.

You read it right. I'm watching waayy too much youtube and I can feel the days of summer slipping through my fingers.
Sixteen year-old Swedish lad hoping to some day change the world. Or eat crisps.

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Ambiguity

It's really your job to set limits for yourself, if your willpower is that weak maybe you need to be more extreme with yourself and avoid the internet altogether until you're doing what you want/need to be doing that day. I say that because if you start with 1 form of procrastination that you don't have as big of a problem with like checking your Facebook or something, it's just going to help you get in a lazy mood and start binge watching Youtube videos. Make a schedule if you have to and put it somewhere you'll always check(maybe your desktop background), get in the habit of doing the things you're supposed to and eventually you won't even have to think about it.

All that said, if you're just spending your recreation time on YouTube, then there isn't really a problem here. It's fine to spend your free time on stuff you enjoy(e.g. cannibalizing children).

Postby FancyFace10 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:56 pm

FancyFace10

haha, Well I enjoy watching youtube but I often amount hours in which I end up watching meaningless content. There's the good content, and then there's the bad, and I wish I could somehow limit myself to the good only. I don't think unsubscribing is quite enough.
Sixteen year-old Swedish lad hoping to some day change the world. Or eat crisps.

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Ambiguity

It's just a mind over matter thing imo, if you make up your mind ahead of time that you're not going to watch certain videos that day, I think you'll be more likely to do that, but if you're just waiting to make decisions as they arise you'll always choose the lazy way out.

Return to Lounge