This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby LK Crown » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:43 pm

LK Crown

Subject title: Who plays PC Games? Which Games?

Do you guys play PC Games from time to time?

If so, which Games?
Anything Art/Inspiration-related?

Can you recommend really cool Games,
that are not so mainstream, that everybody has played them anyways
(like Witcher for example, even if it can be quite inspirational :) ) ?

Postby fi_le » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

fi_le

Listen closely, I'm talking about facts here ;)

The best game for any artist to play is Dark Souls. After a couple of hours with that rascal of a game you'll wish that you'd be drawing right now and not playing this godforsaken work of the devil.
That way, I'm always able to get a lot of practice in...
It looks pretty nice, too.

Postby LK Crown » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:57 pm

LK Crown

fi_le wrote:Listen closely, I'm talking about facts here ;)

The best game for any artist to play is Dark Souls. After a couple of hours with that rascal of a game you'll wish that you'd be drawing right now and not playing this godforsaken work of the devil.

I watched Dark Souls 1 as a LetsPlay of somebody on Youtube. I found it to have a really nice atmosphere, although I dislike the telling of the story through item descriptions a bit.
All in all i found it cool.

Then I decided to play Part 2 myself (I tried to make a LetsPlay, but I am not entertaining :D) because 1 was cool, but in Part 2 I was disappointed. Somehow it seems kind of uninteresting to me. I beat 2 of 4 of the big bosses, but I have no incentive to continue somehow. There is no story and nothing.

Do you know Part 3? I think it was a big hit like Witcher, wasnt it? Is it better than Part 2?

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Ambiguity

I think if you're looking for artistic inspiration, indie games are probably the best because they tend to be more focused on artistry since hiring a bunch of modelers, texture guys, lighters, fx guys, and rigors on top of everything else games need isn't cheap. Things like Ori and the Blind Forest, Cuphead, Limbo, etc.

Postby LK Crown » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:54 am

LK Crown

Ambiguity wrote:Cuphead

Haha, never heard of that one before. That looks pretty unique. :D

Postby Ransdell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Ransdell

Honest to God, I was going to recommend Cuphead too. Give it a go. The game is amazing. It's all hand-drawn and animated. On top of that, it's fun as well. You'll appreciate it.

Postby SpasH » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:06 pm

SpasH

I play GTA V. The best game

Postby DarkLored123 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 pm

DarkLored123

Doki Doki Literature Club, VN - best source of inspiration for anime ;D

Postby fi_le » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:17 pm

fi_le

@darklored You dare mention that godforsaken work of the devil...not only is DDLC a horrifying mess, it's especially bad to play as an artist: You'll be drawing JUST MONIKA all the time!

Postby DarkLored123 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:02 pm

DarkLored123

fi_le wrote:@darklored You dare mention that godforsaken work of the devil...not only is DDLC a horrifying mess, it's especially bad to play as an artist: You'll be drawing JUST MONIKA all the time!

What are you talking about? It is just a nice literature club that gives you a lot of inspiration for ideas, Monika the president of that club is doing her best to provide quality ;D

Postby fi_le » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 am

fi_le

@darklored Oh, now that you put it like that, sure! I, too, think that Doki Doki Literature Club is a fun and relaxing game to play with heartwarming character arcs as well as pleasant aestetics. I don't know why I typed the other post... :)

Postby azarga » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

azarga

DDLC is quite good, too bad it continues the sad trend of childhood friends never』¿¿ ⬛⬛※standing‡¡ a µ✕¶chance◊◊◊¶¶ of being a viable romantic option. Especially since Sayori is so relatable.

And some sprites aren't perfectly matching heads and bodies perspective wise.
Please check my stuff here:
My dA, it is pretty bad.

Postby Dizzard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Dizzard

I tend to like a lot of point and click style games...did anyone play The Longest Journey? I loved that game so much, the world building was so beautiful and magical.

fi_le wrote:Listen closely, I'm talking about facts here ;)

I'm thinking of getting Dark Souls for my Nintendo Switch. I guess the hype surrounding it is making me curious.

Postby fi_le » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 am

fi_le

Dizzard, I tell ya man, Dark Souls is quite the game. If you're really into fighting through a challenge and aren't easily frustrated, it's for you.
I played Dark Souls 3 and after about two thirds, I just quit.

Also, since you were talking about the Switch and worldbuilding, I have to mention The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. There are so many cool locations and enviroments and you can almost literally go in every corner of them! That was a very inspiring expirience; it deserves every GOTY -awardit gets.

Return to Lounge