This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby Decimus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Decimus

Subject title: Introduce yourself!!

Greetings All,

I've been drawing on and off since i was a kid but have never pursued it to my fullest potential. I blame myself for my tendency to switch between the latest and greatest techniques and not sticking around long enough to actually absorb the skills. I'm hoping to build discipline and consistency by starting up a Bargue course for 3 months in my new sketchbook. Along the way i hope to make new friends here and share art wisdoms,

Cheers!

Decimus

Postby strudelsandwich » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:37 pm

strudelsandwich

Hey guys. I've actually registered here a long time ago, but I've fallen a bit out of habit with drawing, so I've stuck to lurking every once in a while. Hopefully I can change that pretty soon.
I've drawn non-seriously for a majority of my life, and only decided to try to draw seriously off and on since high school (which was 4 years ago so make of that what you will). Just hoping actually posting here will get me to be more proactive about art things.
I guess some other things about me are that I have an unhealthy obsession with the Internet and video games, and I'm a indecisive person by nature.

Postby Oblongly » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:34 am

Oblongly

Hello everybody, Oblongly here. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, but I just started taking it seriously the beginning of October this year. Eventually I would like to work as an illustrator/animator because I love bringing scenes and characters to life. I look forward to growing with you all and becoming a part of this community. :D
F. 21. Working towards becoming a professional concept artist/ hobby animator

My Sketchbook
http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73873

Postby Shishi02 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:34 am

Shishi02

Hi there,

I started to have interest with drawing when I was in kindergarden and anime fueled me to keep on going.

But things changed after that and recently learned that my art isn't following the fundamentals. I just started coming to YouTube and stumbled upon sycra's videos for about a week ago. I am like my young self again excited for new change. It was hard to until I accept the change wholeheartedly. I am right now excited what arts and style I can do in the future.

Postby Yare » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 am

Yare

Hi Everyone!

My name is Yare and I'm passionate about art. I'm here to learn from everyone and hopefully help someone.

See you later,

Postby N.K. » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:53 am

N.K.

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit of a loner artist and don't know many who share the same passion, so I hope to make some friends here :)

Postby Wyntry » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:25 am

Wyntry

Sup new peeps. Hope you enjoy your stay and post a bunch of awesomeness for everyone to see. Also, Merry Christmas! :D
"Study hard and all things can be accomplished; give up and you will amount to nothing". -Yamaoka Tesshu
Sketchbook: http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9424
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wyntry_art/

Postby Knard » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Knard

Hi !

I'm Knard and i want to improve my drawing skills ! :)

Oh and i'm french, i don't have a good english lol
I have a bad english.

My art : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75453

Postby Corne-branche » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 am

Corne-branche

Hi Everyone!
I'm corne-branche I draw since I can remember. I'm always looking to meet new peoples but I'm somewhat shy when it come to show my art- Hoping I can change that and finally gat feedback and improve ^^
I love helping someone improving when I can ~

Happy to meet you ~
Random english and space potatos ...
Sketchbook // Instagram // DevianTart

Postby arrowu » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:13 pm

arrowu

Hello everyone, I'm an animator and I also like to draw. Recently realized I need to really study anatomy to take my animation to the next level. Glad to be here!

Postby Cawthorne » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:13 am

Cawthorne

Hey everyone. Happy new year!
As for introductions, I've drawn for as long as I can remember, but I've never been serious about it. I'm not satisfied with the amount of effort I put into it, so I want to get better! Which is why I'm here. I hope I'll find the courage to start using this forum, considering I've been a member for months and haven't written a single post before...

I'm also kind of obsessed with anime at the moment, but I can't draw that style at all. I usually stick with fantasy creatures where it's more difficult to mess up the anatomy (since there isn't any real-life thing to compare with).

Postby CQCoffee » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:45 pm

CQCoffee

Hey guys!

Long time lurker, new poster here. Looking for art buddies to grow with in 2017! :D

Postby Bugpal Hopeday » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:39 am

Bugpal Hopeday

Hello everyone.

I've been thinking for a while that I need to get some feedback and critique. I'm happiest drawing caroony critters and people but I've been challenging myself more with reference and portrait stuff. Hi.

Postby Cheecken » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Cheecken

Hello!
My name is Massimiliano Camassa and I especially like to draw people. I like to tell stories with my drawings and I'm excited to use this forum more regularly in the near future. I'm currently a hobbyist, but have an interest in becoming a professional, I just have to start practising and I think this forum will be a good motivation to keep going.
Add me on Steam you little gardening tool, or female dog
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chaycken/

Postby Scottie-O » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Scottie-O

Hi! You guys can call me Taylor! I'm currently enrolled in university as a Digital Animation major. It's great to meet all of you and I hope we all have a good time together.

Postby mysterywhipsurfwax » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:48 am

mysterywhipsurfwax

yo, I'm mysterywhipsurfwax from Australia, I'm awful at art but want to force myself to get good at it

I think I had an account here before, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember what it was called or anything

Postby BBstudies » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:15 am

BBstudies

Hi, I'm BBstudies, art has always been my passion but unfortunately I quit on it for 6 years during hard times. During that time, I used to create these "bedstories" in my head before going sleep in order to confort me, but in the end stress just hit me and I ended up developing Obsessive Disorder and having some problems with nightmares. After things got better, I decided I really wanted to draw these stories and maybe share them with people that need some confort too, so I'm now back to art and my goal is to draw a webcomic with a mix of action and personal plot.

I have never shared my art before, so this is a new experience to me. I ended up creating a DeviantArt account but it took me 6 months to have the courage to share anything. I'm glad to say that after I finally did, I made a lot of friends, so now I actively share my studies and my personal journey there if anyone would like to pass by: http://bbstudies.deviantart.com/

Sorry for the long introduction, thank you for reading this.

Postby ShrodingersKit » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:03 am

ShrodingersKit

Oofta, almost four years since I joined and only now am I getting back to drawing stuff just because I want to draw it. Things get hard when your hobby becomes your job!

Postby Ionflux » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Ionflux

Hi,

I'm an artist / software developer, trying to get better at art, since around 2003. My initial motivation was to do some stuff for my personal projects at a reasonable level, but since then it has become a passion in its own right.

I certainly miss the times when art forums were a big thing. Since I am a fan of Sycra and he has helped me a lot with my progress through his videos I thought I'd register here and maybe post some of my stuff. :)

Ionflux
Follow me on social media: deviantArtArtStationFacebookInstagramTwitter

Postby Aholiab » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Aholiab

Hello, just came here to grow with a community.

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge