Need some help in using the forum? Post your questions here!

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby Fantelle » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Fantelle

Subject title: SQL Error

I have gotten this 3 times now trying to post the same comment for someone in the critique section. I've restarted my computer and the problem persists.

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Ambiguity

I pmed another staff member about this. In the mean time, would you do me a favor and try deleting the board cookies on the front page of the board at the bottom right to see if that helps? The url for the board changed twice really quickly, not sure if that's causing problems or not.

Postby Fantelle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:30 am

Fantelle

Ambiguity wrote:I pmed another staff member about this. In the mean time, would you do me a favor and try deleting the board cookies on the front page of the board at the bottom right to see if that helps? The url for the board changed twice really quickly, not sure if that's causing problems or not.

Thanks! That didn't help unfortunately :S

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Ambiguity

Would you link me the topic you were trying to post in? Someone mentioned they were getting SQL errors too, but I haven't seen even one since the board got updated.

Postby Fantelle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Fantelle

Ambiguity wrote:Would you link me the topic you were trying to post in? Someone mentioned they were getting SQL errors too, but I haven't seen even one since the board got updated.

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:33 am

Ambiguity

It's working for me, but SQ told me he tried the fix I linked him so maybe it's working now?

Postby Fantelle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:52 am

Fantelle

Ambiguity wrote:It's working for me, but SQ told me he tried the fix I linked him so maybe it's working now?

Still gives the same error. :/
    Everywhere else is fine, I think it may be the length of the comment or the amount of pictures used (though they're all small)?

This is what I'm trying to post:

Code: Select all
    [size=85][color=#4e4e4e][list]
    I think [url=https://youtu.be/EIKJMOJ7NLM]this[/url] video by Sycra covers some of those questions.

I'll try my best to answer them though.

[quote]So if the light source is a green-yellow, how does that effect an object that sits in the reds. I would think the
    color on the red should de-saturate somewhat, but that just leads to the color getting muddy when I tried it.[/quote]
    Yes, the color would de-saturate. In perfect conditions, it would even become black (in green light a red object absorbs
    the green and black is left). It would be impossible to have a red in a green environment.

[img]https://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/optics/lightandcolor/images/primaryfigure2.jpg[/img]

If you want to avoid muddy colors, you need to set up a lighting situation that doesn't lead to those muddy colors.
    Though since we're artists, we can bend the rules. Fantastical lighting is very often used in illustrations to better
    display the subject, or sometimes for mood.

[quote]What about when a colored light source hits a neutral object, like a grey?[/quote]
    The neutral object would inherit some of the color of the light source, the amount depending on how close the two are.

[quote]And do typically colors in shadows move towards more saturated while colors in light move towards less saturated?[/quote]
    Since light = color, the more light an object receives the more color it should be able to have. So typically, the color
    of the object is more de-saturated in shadow, as demonstrated in the graphic below.

[img]http://www.huevaluechroma.com/pics/9-1.png[/img]

Though there's a 'breaking point'. Most commonly with white light, we see a white highlight at the very brightest points
    of an object which in turn is less saturated.

[img]http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/visualize/rast-chligh8a.gif[/img]

I'll leave you with [url=https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/the-basics-of-the-art-of-lighting-part-2-color-and-light]this[/url] article and for some more information about the relationship between colors and their lightsources.[/list][/color][/size]

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Ambiguity

Fantelle wrote: I think it may be the length of the comment or the amount of pictures used (though they're all small)?

Nope, I just copied your text and posted it in there and it worked first try, dunno what's going on, sorry :\.

Postby Fantelle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Fantelle

Ambiguity wrote:
Fantelle wrote: I think it may be the length of the comment or the amount of pictures used (though they're all small)?

Nope, I just copied your text and posted it in there and it worked first try, dunno what's going on, sorry :\.

Ugh >.>
    Thanks for the help anyhow, Ambi!

Postby Fantelle » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Fantelle

I was just able to post the comment. Strange that it took so long, but glad that it got resolved :)

Return to Help Center