Need some help in using the forum? Post your questions here!

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby sanguine » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:32 pm

sanguine

Subject title: Automatic Login Problem

For some reason, every time I close the site and open it again, it logs me out. It never used to do this. But now it does, even when I click the option to automatically log me in. Anyone know what's going on?

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:07 am

Ambiguity

It might have something to do with the June 2016 forum update(check the global announcement). Other than that just make sure you have cookies enabled and/or are not in private browsing mode.

Postby Sleepy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:19 am

Sleepy

I have both of those checked and still experiencing the same problem as sanguine.

I use Firefox btw.

Postby Gryephon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:14 am

Gryephon

Yeah I have the same problem. I tried manually deleting all the cookies associated with sycra to give them a reset... but it didn't work. I run on chrome.

I'm thinking it's a problem on the website end... Maybe when they changed the domain name it messed up some of the cookies.
If you clean a vacuum cleaner, you become a vacuum cleaner.

Sketchbook: Click Here
Deviant: Click Here

Postby Fantelle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:19 am

Fantelle

Same problem, seems like everything on my end is fine. Running Firefox.

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Ambiguity

Has anyone tried deleting the board cookies from the board itself? Just curious, it's at the bottom right of the front page of the board.

Postby Sleepy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Sleepy

Ambiguity wrote:Has anyone tried deleting the board cookies from the board itself? Just curious, it's at the bottom right of the front page of the board.

I just did it (again) and I did not notice any change, if I close the forum tab it logs me out automatically.

Postby sanguine » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:47 pm

sanguine

Mine seems to be working fine now, gonna go knock on some wood though. Seems pretty erratic.

Postby Sleepy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Sleepy

Is this problem still being looked into?

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Ambiguity

Not really; there is nothing I can do about it as just a moderator, and I can't find any definitive solutions online to approach the admins with. At least there is no more false captcha requests since switching servers.

Postby jr-107 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:13 am

jr-107

Hi there,

I am the one that performed the migration in June, and I haven't noticed this problem. Today I checked again, and it still works for me (using firefox and edge) .
I suggest, if you don't remember doing it, deleting you browser cache (deleting history and all the cookies). You maybe experiencing some conflict with any cookie you had before the migration.

If anyone still has the problem after clearing his cache, please send a message directly to me 'jr-107' specifying the OS you are using, the browser and its version you were experiencing the problem with, and the time and time zone you are in.

For what it's worth, in the migration we changed some versions of software, the behaviour shouldn't have changed much, but I couldn't experience what I could not test !

I you have a problem, I have to be able to see it before I can understand what is going on and fix it.

jean-roch

Return to Help Center