Need some help in using the forum? Post your questions here!

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby nopestillanoobnot » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:14 pm

nopestillanoobnot

Subject title: How to upload images?

How do you upload images using the Img function? This is my first time using a forum, so sorry if I'm such a noob :? Also, it seems that the maximum limit for attachments is 1 MiB...?

Postby Kaitsith » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Kaitsith

Sorry if this is way too basic, I was helping out people really new to computers in general at a beginner's computing class today so I'm in the mode of "assume no prior knowledge and try to make it easy to understand", I'm so sorry in advance if I come off as condescending or something ;_;

If you go to this website, http://imgur.com/ you can upload image files by clicking this button at the top:

And selecting the browse option:

Then find your image that you want to upload, select it, if you want to add more just click the browse button again, all the images you've selected should show up underneath, when you're ready hit the Start Upload button

You should see a page like this:

If you click the text in the darker box under BBCode (the markup code that forums use) it will automatically highlight it and you can right click and select copy, or hold ctrl and press c, then just paste it in your message here on the forums~

To get to the other images you uploaded, just click the "Second Image" (there will be one for each image you upload) and do the same as you just did, copy the BBCode and paste it~

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:48 am

Ambiguity

There is actually a topic stickied under "announcements" that shows above every forum called "Posting Images". It explains the attachments tab, as well as the img tags kait' posted about.

Postby nopestillanoobnot » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:33 pm

nopestillanoobnot

Kaitsith wrote:Sorry if this is way too basic, I was helping out people really new to computers in general at a beginner's computing class today so I'm in the mode of "assume no prior knowledge and try to make it easy to understand", I'm so sorry in advance if I come off as condescending or something ;_;

If you go to this website, http://imgur.com/ you can upload image files by clicking this button at the top:

And selecting the browse option:

Then find your image that you want to upload, select it, if you want to add more just click the browse button again, all the images you've selected should show up underneath, when you're ready hit the Start Upload button

You should see a page like this:

If you click the text in the darker box under BBCode (the markup code that forums use) it will automatically highlight it and you can right click and select copy, or hold ctrl and press c, then just paste it in your message here on the forums~

To get to the other images you uploaded, just click the "Second Image" (there will be one for each image you upload) and do the same as you just did, copy the BBCode and paste it~

Don't worry about it being too condenscending or something like that. This was actually really helpful for me, so thanks. :D

Postby crazymonkey220 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:30 pm

crazymonkey220

new to this forum so forgive the nobe questions. I have created a sketchbook and uploaded it however i'm a bit lost in how to post into that existing withoht having to make a new topic or "sketchbook"

Postby Audiazif » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Audiazif

crazymonkey220 wrote:new to this forum so forgive the nobe questions. I have created a sketchbook and uploaded it however i'm a bit lost in how to post into that existing withoht having to make a new topic or "sketchbook"

You do what you did to make this post but do it in your "sketchbook" topic(i.e. post a reply to your sketchbook). It looks like you have made two different topics in the sketchbook section to post your stuff, maybe you could contact a mod to combine them into one.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Return to Help Center