Need some help in using the forum? Post your questions here!

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby DansToons » Fri May 29, 2015 8:26 am

DansToons

Subject title: Help with Uploading Files

Hi there!
Recently I've been having a problem uploading files, the majority of my work is around 3000px by 3000px (or thats as large as each length will get). This has been the case for a while and I have uploaded files of similar sizes before. However the majority of these files have been from Manga Studio, which I believe can compress files to some degree. Now I'm using photoshop all my files are too large. Are there any save formats which will help me out here? I'd love to post on the forum but all my work is too big.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Fri May 29, 2015 10:00 am

ErnieTheMighty

Hey! I'd suggest uploading to http://imgur.com and resizing it to 750-1000px wide inside of there. It's the option I've been using for a while at least. :D

Postby Ambiguity » Fri May 29, 2015 11:27 am

Ambiguity

Check the stickied thread if you're trying to upload here:
Posting Images

And also jpeg is best for most web applications(I'd go PNG for places like DeviantArt that can handle it though), just set the slider to 10 in Photoshop, it will give you high quality while still giving good file size compression. Also, it's kinda ridiculous to upload a 3000px wide image in the first place, it's not easily viewable on most websites, and you're basically giving people a free 10 inch print.

Postby DansToons » Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 am

DansToons

Thank you!

Return to Help Center