Need some help in using the forum? Post your questions here!

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby Shotodt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Shotodt

Subject title: Tablet Setup

Hello everybody! I just want to ask for your tablet setup on the desk , because i have trouble with it.I have tried different setups like: Infront of the laptop(yes i'm using latop); on the right of the laptop; on the front-right, but it's still not comfortable.Everytime I draw it's a struggle and not some relaxing activity.My arm is kinda limit in the movement, also my desk isn't the best so it might be the problem.So what's your setup? And if you have some advices for me, please share.

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:38 am

Ambiguity

Just make sure your chair is high enough that your forearm is parallel with the tablet so that you can move your arm freely. This isn't necessary, but I personally like to have my tablet centered in front of me when I draw because my monitor is, I feel it helps me orient myself on the screen a bit better.

Postby QuietElegy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:51 pm

QuietElegy

I don't personally have a computer desk because it wouldn't fit in my room and I don't really like desks in the first place.
Instead I sit on my bed crosslegged, or with my knees up, with the tablet on my lap. I get back support from layering pillows up against the wall or just making a large mound behind me (I have a lot of pillows)
My sketchbook

Please refer to me with They/Them pronouns. Thank you.

Postby Fantelle » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Fantelle

Laptop center, tablet center in front. I used to enjoy getting comfortable
    in a sofa or bed while drawing but I can't anymore as my cable is partly
    broken and needs support to connect properly. :s

Postby svarn » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:46 am

svarn

This is where I think big tablets would actually be a pain in the butt. So yeah ... I keep mine central to me, and then keyboard adjacent to it (cable from tablet is under the keyboard since I'm left handed and I need to have it rotated in a really anoying way, since my pc is also on the left, but cable comes out from the right of a tablet, also those cables are just ridiculously short), so I'm not sure if you wouldn't be to close to your screen, since you are working with a laptop. And then I move it and swap it with a mouse whenever I finish using it, which was really annoying me in the beggining, since I wanted to just have all my devices at hand whenever I wanted. But I guess it's really not a big deal, and I got used to it. And I'd say this is also a big part of it, no matter the setup, it will take you months before working on a tablet is comfortable (it took me actually like two years, but I wasn't doing much with it untill recently).

Return to Help Center