Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby Chach » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:52 am

Chach

Subject title: Having trouble with drawing clothes on poses

Hello,

Currently I’m trying to understand how clothing works and the exercises I’m setting for myself is to try to take other people’s clothing designs and apply it onto various poses.
I can kind of apply basic clothes such as standard uniforms and suits, but when it comes to more complex designs with different layers of clothes, acessories, armours, etc. I just can’t figure out how to draw them.
Things get more complicated when the fabrics are getting blown by wind.

Can someone give me some tips or tutorials on how to understand clothing better? Or examples on how some of you practice this topic?

Thank you in advance!

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 am

Ambiguity

Hmm, I'm a little confused as to what exactly you're having trouble with because you're talking about anything wearable as all one thing, which would lead me to believe you have a form problem on your hands. Then you say you have problems with cloth blowing in the wind so I can only assume it's because of the folds, but I'm not sure. Do you have any examples of something you were working on but were unsure how to make work?

Return to Art Questions and Discussion