Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby alexander.cvetanov » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:25 pm

alexander.cvetanov

Subject title: cintiq or intuous pro

So i'm doing a webcomic,but my drawing speed feels limited by my bamboo tablet.
I want to update to something better.The most i can afford is a cintiq 13HD or Intuous pro
But isn't the Cintiq kinda small,or i shouldn't worry?

Postby Koźlik » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:36 am

Koźlik

I'd suggest something that has A5 workspace surface as Intuos pro Medium has. I do use it and i'd say it's perfect size.
But it seems that Cintiq 13 is even bigger than that so... Also i never used tablets with screen.
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check my Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on my Twitter and Instagram too.
I do streams sometimes, mostly weekends on my Picarto channel.

Postby alexander.cvetanov » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:43 am

alexander.cvetanov

I know that the pro medium would be the safe choice.i am willing to spend a bit more and buy a 13 hd,but my main concern is that the screen could be too small.

Postby UnorthodoxThing » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:20 pm

UnorthodoxThing

lol you do know there are other tablets with screen beside the cintiq that does as well but with a more affordable price range? For starter the Huion and Artisul. They run using the same program as cintiq minus the paper texture surface on it (but you can just buy an oversize screen protector for it).

and tbh I would want a screen to draw on then a tablet. I realise al my experience in drawing from paper is completely different when drawing on the tablet. I had to practice all over again, it's definitely a different instrument. :<
Instagram || ArtStation || Tapas #romanticize

Postby Kam » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Kam

If possible test them at a store, I had no opportunity to test a Cintiq so I got the Intuos Pro Medium which was basically a much better variant of the older Intuos Manga I have, working with a tablet became a lot easier for me after the switch, the Intuos Manga was just too small for me.

You can also consider an iPad Pro, from what I've seen and heard it's really good, it might not cut it for high level professional work but I'd say it's decent enough for most, it also doubles as a device that you can use for other tasks as well rather than just drawing and painting.

Postby alexander.cvetanov » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 am

alexander.cvetanov

Yesterday i bought pro medium and i'm super happy with it.I had the chance to try te cintiq 13 and it's a bit to small.

Return to Art Questions and Discussion