Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby BestDrawerNA » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:01 am

BestDrawerNA

Subject title: what and how to practice?

why is this website dead!??! i need help. what should i practice everyday for me to be good. i want to be good but when i look at paper idk what to do.

Postby RukuKabe » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:10 am

RukuKabe

Boxes.

Spheres

Cones

Pyramids.

Draw basic forms. Then shade them. And paint them. And then look at reference. Draw from life. If you just want to "get good" and you just want to know how, the quickest answer I can give you is to just start loving drawing. Doesn't matter if it's good, doesn't matter if it sucks balls. Love it to the point that you'd be ok doing it the rest of your life without it giving you a dime and then put pencil to paper. That's how you get good.

If you just sit around thinking of ways that you can get good all day, you won't. Put pencil to paper. The only way to get to the good drawings ahead of you is to burn through a shit ton of bad drawings in the here and now.
“何か良いことでもあったのかい。”
−忍野メメ、傷物語

Postby BestDrawerNA » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:13 am

BestDrawerNA

RukuKabe wrote:Boxes.

Spheres

Cones

Pyramids.

Draw basic forms. Then shade them. And paint them. And then look at reference. Draw from life. If you just want to "get good" and you just want to know how, the quickest answer I can give you is to just start loving drawing. Doesn't matter if it's good, doesn't matter if it sucks balls. Love it to the point that you'd be ok doing it the rest of your life without it giving you a dime and then put pencil to paper. That's how you get good.

If you just sit around thinking of ways that you can get good all day, you won't. Put pencil to paper. The only way to get to the good drawings ahead of you is to burn through a shit ton of bad drawings in the here and now.

i do love it. i just suck so bad and i cant look at my drawing. but thanks i will praactice this forever. idc about money i just wanna draw my own hentai.

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:15 am

Ambiguity

Practice general draftsmanship skills such as straight lines, curved lines, ellipses, tonal control; basically getting your tool to do exactly what you want it to do without having to think about it. Also research and put into practice the fundamentals such as composition, proportion, perspective, linear form, light, color, and anatomy(or what something is made out of). And if it is your goal to draw things out of your head, make sure to do plenty of observation of everything, especially from life whenever possible.

Postby Gryephon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:01 am

Gryephon

The "what" to practice part isn't really something any person can answer but you. If you want to draw comics, draw comics for practice. If you want to draw portraits, draw portraits for practice. It's that simple really. To know what to draw is a matter of getting to know your own passions.

if you're talking about being good as in "effective" there's a good youtube video you can watch on the subject.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCxKolkSKG8
If you clean a vacuum cleaner, you become a vacuum cleaner.

Sketchbook: Click Here
Deviant: Click Here

Return to Art Questions and Discussion