Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby Biggy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:30 am

Biggy

Subject title: Reference for a fight scene?

Hello!

I'm planning to enter this art contest which involves 2 characters in a battle, and I'm struggling to find some good references for characters in dynamic motions/in a combat as well as compositions etc. I've been through places like DA, artstation, pinterest etc but I only found limited number.
Does anyone know some good reference or a place to find some references?

Thanks heaps.

Postby cicakkia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:09 am

cicakkia

I like pick my fight reference from film. You can try search on youtube example "[Insert your fav fight movie] fight scene"

Postby arodude » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:31 am

arodude

I agree with cicakkia, youtube is a good place. Martial arts/boxing/etc instructors probably upload videos of fights and techniques to youtube too.

There's also this post of reference photos of fights which is a part of a series of reference books.

Postby warm-wax » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:38 pm

warm-wax

I bought "How to draw Manga: illustrating battles" by Hiraku Hayashi on a whim but it's actually really good for this kind of thing. This is the cover, for reference: http://s47.radikal.ru/i118/0904/74/5ef0ecf6d959.jpg

Return to Art Questions and Discussion