Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby lillo9546 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 pm

lillo9546

Subject title: Ipad Pro thoughts as a professional tool

Is your experience on the ipad pro good enough to say it will be the device used for professional work?
Mine is not
I ve tried different time, compared to my usual workflow, compared to what i need to achieve (the look), i cannot get it done in the ipad.
Is thr apple pencil? Is the ipad itself? Is the app i use? I dont know. But ipad feel a piece of paper where i can draw like i can draw traditionally, that thing feel natural. But in some ways i cannot turn my drawing to an image and so conclude the professional work i need.
Whats the problem?
Anyway i think it wont be as good as our Photoshop or desktop class software when it comes to do the work.. so for me, its a waste of time on the ipad.. if i want something that feels natural.. I will just draw on paper, with traditional medium.
Whats your opinion?

Postby Agitato » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:24 am

Agitato

I don't have an ipad (yet), but I've seen professional artists who use it almost exclusively, and they usually prefer the apple pencil to wacom's stylus. The most popular app is procreate. Keep in mind though, these artists usually have a very line-dependent style, and so they probably don't need many layers ever.

Like any program, I think it's really just a matter of getting used to it, unless you know you'll hit the ipad's hardware-imposed software limitations. Then it's probably not a good fit.
Sincerely.

Instagram DeviantArt Tumblr Artstation
Sketchbook
Discord: Agitato#8432

Return to Art Questions and Discussion