Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby Chayemor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:27 am

Chayemor

Subject title: Anatomy help

Trying to work out two poses, the body build for the one sitting down is small, will be female, the other body is big triangle shaped (upside down triangle). Does the initial construct seem ok? I have stared at it so much that flipping canvas doesn´t help me see if it´s wrong. :shock: :shock:

Thank you. ;)
jmr_help.jpg

Postby Audiazif » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Audiazif

The only anatomy thing I think is an issue is how the arms and legs connect to the body. I would maybe study how the arms and legs connect. I would say the proportions are of more concern in this piece rather than anatomy. If you want the right figure to be female, I think it should look female even in this rough stage. Female body proportions are obviously different. That means you need to make the hips/pelvis wider and the shoulders and/or ribcage smaller. Maybe even lessen the trapezius. The proportions of the limbs in both figures are off too. In the case of the right figure, they seem long. And on the left figure, the legs are stumpy and the arms are two different lengths.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Return to Art Questions and Discussion