Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby LK Crown » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:02 pm

LK Crown

Subject title: Best recent Photoshop Tutorial?

In the "if i started from Scratch"-Video, Sycra recommended a "the ultimate guide to photoshop" or something along those lines.
I used Krita till now and want to switch to photoshop.
Is this course still the best Introduction (since i guess its several years old)
or has photoshop changed so drastically that something more recent would be better?

What do you think is the best introduction to photoshop nowadays?

Postby Snakebreath » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Snakebreath

Photoshop has changed very little over the years. Aside from a few new interfaces and features most people don't use. You could be taught Photoshop with CS2 and jump up to CC and wouldn't notice much difference. The nice thing about Photoshop is you can adjust the interface to however you personally like it, and that has stayed as a prominent feature over the years.

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Ambiguity

You could learn Photoshop easily by just copying what you see other people doing. I've used Photoshop for 14 years, and I only use a small fraction of its tools for painting, and another small fraction for photo editing or animation. If you want to learn some of the more fancy tools for art, you can check out ctrlpaint.com, matt often shows ways to integrate the newer tools into a concept art workflow.

Return to Art Questions and Discussion