Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby Bekutoru » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:07 am

Bekutoru

Subject title: Sycra's comment on learning photorealistic drawing

Hi!

2+ years ago, I recall one of his videos saying that if you were to spend 6-12 months learning photorealistic drawing, you could get hired doing it(does anyone know which video this was, by chance?) While this isn't all or even more than 10% of what I ultimately would want to do with my art, I'm curious as to any insight on how to best go about it. What approach? Any books/channels that are ideal for it? I've read both Betty Edwards books so far, and that's definitely part of the battle toward accurate drawing.

Thanks for any tips! :)

Postby fi_le » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:29 pm

fi_le

I don't know about the Sycra video either, but I do have something to say about how you could go about learning photorealistic drawing.

Mark Crilley has an interesting book about it, you can find it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Realism-Challeng ... 0385346298

With that said, I don't think it's possible to get hired doing these kinds of drawings. Don't let that take away your enjoyment though!
Have a great day :)
...you see, it's supposed to be fi_le like the file from the computer... the one where you put the data things in.

my sketchbook on here and my Instagram

Return to Art Questions and Discussion