Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby turning_wheels » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:03 pm

turning_wheels

Subject title: Has anybody looked into Vitruvian Studio's Art courses?

Hello everybody. After years of drawing but getting nowhere i finally realized that the very basics and fundamentals of drawing is what i must master first before anything else. So, I am looking for a very structured art courses on the subject that is in my price range. Has anyone here tried the Basic Drawing course below and what do you think of it please?

https://vitruvianstudio.com/course/drawing-basics/

thanks

Postby Audiazif » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Audiazif

turning_wheels wrote:... the very basics and fundamentals of drawing is what i must master first before anything else.

Working on the basics and fundamentals will help you improve but to put mastery of these things before anything else is going to get you nowhere. I realize your statement could be a hyperbole but your mindset is something worth addressing if you are thinking along these lines at any degree. It is not healthy to put such ambitious goals in your way of doing something you want to do. Try for small more obtainable goals that you think will ultimately lead you to a larger goal.

turning_wheels wrote:So, I am looking for a very structured art courses on the subject that is in my price range.

How does free sound?

Have you looked into Draw a Box and/or Ctrl Paint? These are two resources that seem to touch on the same things in this course. The best thing is that they are free. Sure they might not cover everything this course has to offer but they are a good start. Also you might have to do a little work to tailor it to whatever media you are using.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby fi_le » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:16 pm

fi_le

Free drawing resources can be found aplenty on the internet!

Return to Art Questions and Discussion