Have some questions? Want answers? Got some good tips? This is the place to ask, or answer, questions regarding art tools, and methods.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, virtueone

Postby nooblearn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:43 pm

nooblearn

Subject title: When is someone good?

how do i know when my art is good? is there like a committee that can give you a seal of approaval that you are good now?

Postby Audiazif » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Audiazif

It depends on what you define as "good". Also if you somehow get a "seal of approval" or other form of tangible validation, it won't mean much. It is kind of like the medals and awards on bottles of wine, they mean nothing to how good the wine actually is.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby nooblearn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:57 am

nooblearn

But if I want to be the new Craig Mullins, who do I have to convince that I am good? I mean so that movie producers and famous people want my art for their movies.

Postby Moe » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:01 am

Moe

When Sycra starts doing master studies of your work.
Yolo

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:19 am

Ambiguity

I don't think you have to convince people that you are "good", you just have to convince them that you have something to offer them, something they can use. Saying you want to work in movies and video games for instance doesn't actually mean much. Most people won't know how to use you or even care to look at your work if you can't show them how it's directly applicable to them. What I mean is you need to be specific about what job you want so you can cater your body of work to that.

But to go back to the original question, good is arbitrary without a set of metrics to judge things by.

Postby CaptainKiryu » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:58 am

CaptainKiryu

You'll be "good" when you get what you want AND what you need to be whole.
I post art to these places
Twitter: https://twitter.com/captain_kiryu
Deviantart: https://captain-kiryu.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://captainkiryusart.tumblr.com/

Postby cicakkia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 am

cicakkia

nooblearn wrote:But if I want to be the new Craig Mullins, who do I have to convince that I am good? I mean so that movie producers and famous people want my art for their movies.

The only you need to convince is the audience, nothing more. Audience may vary. It could be art director, casual audience like children depend what you aiming with your art career. In my opinion, famous people doesn't even exist if they have no large audience.

Return to Art Questions and Discussion