Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby goago » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 pm

goago

Subject title: critique a concept painting of mr. Frogman

I have not posted anything here in ages but I was not inactive. I do lots of drawings (mainly traditional) but a problem I face is, that I cant really finish a full on painting that has story and background and all that good stuff. I usually get frustrated about halfway through. With this dude i kinda planned everything out a little more before i started painting so that kinda worked i guess?
I look forward to any critizism and feedback.
reeealfrogman.jpg

Postby Whoever1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:02 am

Whoever1

Just one thing jumped out at me and its the right foot, it feels like it's floating and not meeting the floor, it's mostly the angle, it's specially noticeable because of the shadows you painted. Otherwise it's fine, but i'd reccomend hue shifting a bit more for lights and shadows and i'm maybe a bit under your level and i don't know how finished you want this to be, but there are parts where youu could really get in there and render but that's neither here nor there.

Postby goago » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:58 pm

goago

yeah ur definetly right, the shadow is pretty off and i just painted it in half hazardly without paying much attention..
About the rendering, yknow im the kinda guy that just wants to move on so i didnt really get in there and render in great detail, i just wanted to get a feel for how the frogmen would maybe look like. U might aswell call that lazy lol. And about comparing yourself to others i've heard that you should never do it, (but i do it all the time lol)
thanks a lot for your reply i appreciate a lot :D

Return to Critique This!