Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby LorenzoCozza » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 pm

LorenzoCozza

Subject title: What can be improved on this piece?

By looking at my image I can feel like there are a lot of issues, but I don't know what they are specifically and/or how to fix them; any help would be much appreciated.
Demone_Character_Challange_Finito_8_1000x686.png

Postby nachobuddy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:38 pm

nachobuddy

I'm pretty much stunned by the rendering of the armor and its face, it's very good! I also like the definition of the muscles as well. What I'm noticing fairly quickly is the foreshortening of the thigh to the right (it's a big struggle of mine as well so I'm saying that in the least judgmental way possible :P ). Based on the rest of the angle, I think the thigh could be pointing more to the right. I don't know how tall this creature is or how he's proportioned though, but right now it seems like he has long arms and legs and a shorter torso. If that's the case, you did very well! The very last thing I could mention is shading the wings more deeply as the creature itself and its armor is so well shaded, you'd rather want to look at that than the wings. That's honestly all I got, I gotta say I was blown away by everything else!

Return to Critique This!