Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby sammybaffoe72 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:45 am

sammybaffoe72

Subject title: Help with Proportions

Good morning everyone. Recently did this drawing and the left hand doesn't feel right. I would love to get a critique on the whole piece and how to fix that left arm as well.
Korra-1.jpg

Postby Audiazif » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Audiazif

The proportions are not that bad. However, to me the shoulders seem a bit too broad for a female even if they are more muscular. One major contribution to this is that you did not take into account the side plane of the body. Think of the body as a box, with the beasts on the front plane and the shoulders attached to the side plane. You also pulled the shoulder too far from the body. For the hand I took some liberties and changed it completely. I think this position matches the other arm and hand better, parallel with the direction of the thigh. If you wanted to keep the arm and stuff the way it is, the issue with the hand was that you needed to play up the thumb more because that is what is going to show the hands orientation. Right now it looks kind of like she has two right hands. If you have trouble figuring things out you could try to find reference or make your own, you are the most readily available set of reference you have.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby sammybaffoe72 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:15 pm

sammybaffoe72

Thank you. Really appreciate it.

Return to Critique This!