Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sarathi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Sarathi

Subject title: Fast Sketch

Hi. I'm a big fan of Sycra, This is my first post here. I like to level my art skills up. This is just a fast unfinished sketch. Please write your comments and critiques. I'll upload more of my works soon. Thank you.
Sketch (24).jpg

Postby Josephcow » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Josephcow

This is awesome! I love the sketch. I don't really have much to critique, though I just wonder how much the general colors you added under it really add to the comp.

It definitely adds some information about where the composition would be going if it were to be rendered, but it doesn't really complement the sketch if that makes sense. And the lighting is a bit too general to really communicate that next level of information about the scene.

This is a really great drawing though! Would love to see more.

Postby Josephcow » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Josephcow

For example, If I were going to try to add some paint under the sketch, I would probably do something more like this because it adds more specific information about the context without actually rendering anything (gives a ground plane, landscape, lighting direction). Whereas what you have now is pretty general, and the uncolored sketch would probably read just as well.
Sketch%20%2824%329.jpg

Postby Sarathi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Sarathi

Josephcow wrote:For example, If I were going to try to add some paint under the sketch, I would probably do something more like this because it adds more specific information about the context without actually rendering anything (gives a ground plane, landscape, lighting direction). Whereas what you have now is pretty general, and the uncolored sketch would probably read just as well.

Thank you very much for your time.. Useful tips. I'll specify the colors little more clearly..

Return to Critique This!