Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby FeatherBow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:15 pm

FeatherBow

Subject title: critique about the figure, forms

Need some critique about the figure, forms, composition. I didn't study color and light yet.
стадикьфшдд.png

Postby lo-fi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:06 am

lo-fi

Hello, I have to say you got nice colors with the greens and hints of red. But some of the form can need some work. The knee on the right leg seems mushed and smaller then compared to the rest of the leg. With that the crease under the knee it can be moved down slightly. Also I noticed the tan hand looks semi flat, possibly add more shading. I also feel like the backpack could have more detail, but the general forms is readable , so thats good!
“Every artist has thousands of bad drawings in them and the only way to get rid of them is to draw them out." - Chuck Jones

Postby fi_le » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:32 pm

fi_le

Firstly, cool colours and interesting texture. Also I totally dig the backpack.
I wouldn't have much to say except maybe the distance between pelvis and ribcage.I know you are going for a 8-head-ish figure but there is a rule that a fist should fit between the ribcage and pelvis. You don't have to obey all them rules but you might consider.
Good luck fam.
...you see, it's supposed to be fi_le like the file from the computer... the one where you put the data things in.

my sketchbook on here and my Instagram

Return to Critique This!