Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby WyrmPrince » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 am

WyrmPrince

Subject title: Trying to break back into illustration after a long hiatus

Here's a random head I drew. I'm mostly happy with it but I'd love any criticism/ suggestions. My real issue is figuring out how to attach a body naturally to it. I can't seem to get a pose that doesn't make the whole thing look like some gross mannequin. Thanks for any help!
New Canvas.jpg

Postby lo-fi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:59 am

lo-fi

Sorry for an late reply, But i do enjoy the exaggerated jaw, very fun! The only flaws I've noticed is the eyes and nose dont follow the perspective of the head's form. Also im assuming at that perspective , his left ear wouldn't show. I did a redline/greenline. I hope you dont mind!
Also on the advice on trying to draw the body. I would suggest creating thumbnails of a pose or creating a line of action before you draw any bodyparts. That way you get the general idea of what you want instead of making it up as you go.
(excuse any flaw, this is my first critique)
redline.jpg
“Every artist has thousands of bad drawings in them and the only way to get rid of them is to draw them out." - Chuck Jones

Postby WyrmPrince » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:51 pm

WyrmPrince

Hey thanks for the help. I'm always having issues with noses and eyes in perspective

Return to Critique This!