Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby alexander.cvetanov » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:45 pm

alexander.cvetanov

Subject title: Help with a comic book cover

So i'm doing a webcomic on tapastic. It can be found here https://tapas.io/series/Thats-the-spirit
My main concern is that the cover doesn't look interesting,so nobody is checking the comic out.
Anyways here is the cover that i use now
cover.png

Postby Audiazif » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Audiazif

I would say page 3 or a variation on the scene in page 3 would be much better than what you have. The cover is supposed to grab the attention of a potential reader. Or it is supposed to make the reader curious of what is going to happen in the comic. As for exposure, yes, the cover maybe having an effect on how many people view you comic but not as much as you would think. I would say a more reasonable answer to the problem is you are only posting it in one place. You need to make your comic as available as possible, to many different groups of potential readers.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby alexander.cvetanov » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 pm

alexander.cvetanov

i will probably use page 3,but colored,thanks

Postby Moe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Moe

It's cool that you're making comics. The thing about tapastic is that it's hard to get noticed regardless of what your cover is. I've heard that it's easier to get noticed on LINE, so that might be worth checking out.

Return to Critique This!